Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: "Parking attendant" vandalism?

1. denpet

denpet DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +351 / 96
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I always park at Lee Plaza when in that area. Cost 10p, which you don't have to pay if you shop for 200p+ in the store. In garage out of the sun. And no one asking for additional money. N0t sure if they do bikes or only cars.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. GOGROUPER

GOGROUPER DI Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    totally unintentional.....it has been corrected..n thx 4 bringing it to my attention as i intended to hit the "like" button

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Spend a day at the cockpit or get on a Ceres buss and you will see how good their memory is, or your wife\Gf remembers the girl you smiled at many months/years ago. because of bad eyes I sold my bike, but before I would always give the guy standing in the hot sun P10. every one of them recognized me on approach and greeted me with a big smile. No way in hell would I ever want their job.......

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,377 / 1,261
    "Im a local by the way and Im sorry for my bad English."
    Your English is fine.

Parking boys do not have the most glamorous of jobs but it's a living. It puts food on the table.
    If they could get a better job I am sure they would.
    When someone tries to "park and drive" without paying, then of course they are going to be pissed.
    They do remember you, very well. When i'm leaving if no one is visible I make an effort to find them (and they know this).
    Occasionally I have no coins and pay them in cigarettes, if they don't smoke they do have a friend that does. They appreciate the respect. Everyone does.
    I don't have any trouble.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. butitor

butitor DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    I can say 100% of the time I give Php 2-5 (motorcycle) to these guys unless they didnt see me. And when Im out of coins, I usually tell them that I will be back to purchase some stuff so I can settle for loose coins. I see some level of prejudice to parking boys/attendants. They come very useful during late nights while your vehicle is parked in eerie areas. Now to you guys out there who got their seats slashed, door locks vandalised, tires aired out, MAYBE you had some problems with them. Im a local by the way and Im sorry for my bad english.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  6. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    I personally don't mind then 95% of the time. They park my bike and pull it out and when its sunny cover it (the lady hates hot seats) and when rains wipe it off (somewhat). Without them there would be a lot less parking spaces and 99% don't give a d*mn about how they park or how much room they take up. With cars I could see it from a different point though as they act like they are helping you backup and park and then expect money for really having no purpose.

What I do hate is when your someplace that does NOT need a parking attendant of any sort yet they are there and pushing for money. I've seen a number of business's that tend to always have parking space available and parking attendants will be their expecting something because they know the place is frequented.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    i kinda like the (authorized?) parking boys cuz they keep parking organized in an unorganized society, without them there'd be considerably less parking slots available due to inconsiderate people who will take up as many as 3 spaces with a big black suv.

it'd also be nice if they could keep vehicles, especially motorbikes, from parking on the sidewalks, maybe if pedestrians gave them a tip?

one thing i don't appreciate is the ear piercing whistles, i mean, how the hell can you tell what the various tweets mean without an official parking manual???

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    GOGROUPER, Please explain what you dislike about my post? Just may be interesting...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    lol That's mafia style "insurance".

I usually give 5 peso to the motorcycle "parking assistants". I do make them work for it by parking in front of a space (whether it is occupied or not) making them move the bike into a spot. On my sports bike I don't do this, I tell them if they want to get paid it better be in the exact same place I left it. I have yet to have any problems with them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. denpet

denpet DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +351 / 96
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I never pay. I seriously don't want them to be in my way when I back out, or put dirty cardboard on my bike seat, or moving my bike once I parked.
    But, those who pay do as they leave. How will they be able to vandalise the car once you are gone? They can't memorise all bikes and cars in Dumaguete to vandalise next time you come. Unless it's a place you go on a daily basis.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1