Dumaguete Info Search

Utilities & Mobile Best Posts in Thread: Globe Router with WIFI

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    They are giving out a modem and router combo. My old Globe WiMax modem did not have a wifi router built in. The new Globe LTE modem does have the modem-wifi combo....and it's complete sh*t. It has horrible signal strength and my computer constantly losses signal then I have to reset my computer or the wifi itself to be able to reconnect. (Though this could be a Windows compatibility issue because if I boot into Linux it does not have the same issue...but I get worse signal with Linux so I might not be able to connect at all from the bedroom which is 20 feet away from the router...walls or not, that shouldn't be an issue.) This issue does not exist with either of my other two linksys routers as I get about 75% signal strength with them. I also have problems when I run either of my personal wifi routers (used as a media network to stream movies to devices over wifi). It doesn't matter what channels I am using either....if it is on the Globe wifi is completely useless.

Another problem I have with Globe's crap equipment is that it is password locked and you can't change the name of the network or the password, which I like to change at least a couple times a year. I'm sure you could figure out the password by doing a search on Google but it's bad practice not to give users the ability to change these things unless they break the law.

FYI: What is the difference between a router and a modem?

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Maybe some of you are aware of the following, I wasn't. If you use Globe as your internet provider, you can request their router with built in WIFI. After having my 3rd WIFI fried by lightening, I went to the iStore to replace my 4000p Apple WIFI for my Apple MacBook Pro laptop. Very fortunate for me that they were out of stock so the sales lady asked if Globe was my service provider and suggested I request their combo router/WIFI. Went to Globe today and will have their new combo tomorrow morning.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    My router is a Huawei cpe B593-1. I would be willing to bring my router to your place and see if it works there. If you like the idea shoot me a PM and we can work out the details.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. DaveD

DaveD DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 129
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Thanks to all who posted here in this thread. The more info I have when setting up my internet the better. All inputs are appreciated!

• Like Like x 2
  5. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    I live just outside Dumaguete city limits and have Smart lte with an external antenna.

As I already posted, around 7 months ago when I started, the download ranged on average 15 to 21mbps. But it steadly declined to 2 to 5mbps with the reliablity rate less than 50%. In the first few months it was fairly reliable, around 90% of the time.
    Before I installed the antenna I had 2 bars signal strength and now 4 with much more reliablity. Still get an average 2 to 6mbps with occasional late night up to 14mbps

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. Miguel

Miguel DI Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +109 / 39
    Well, I thought all Globe routers have wifi. At least I have, since 4 (?) years :cautious:

• Agree Agree x 2