Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: R.I.P. Dakota

1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Has anyone seen or heard of a funeral notice for Dakota Apel? I haven't seen any newspapers articles but a local radio station reported no one pressed charges against the truck driver who killed him. A sad story with a sad ending.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    This is a tough one, given those of us who knew Dakota well enough to understand and accept he may have been outside the three-sigma rule (sorry to use a math term to attempt to describe this unique person). I texted Kojak who knew Dakota perhaps as well as anyone, both the real and unreal, and told him what happened. His comment was actually I liked the guy. I join him in saying I actually liked the guy. May Dakota rest in peace and may his two daughters find a good life.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Irenicus

Irenicus DI Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 7
    I heard today that "Dakota" was killed a handful of days back on his motor after being rear-ended by a truck in front of City Hardware.

Nothing is on Hulagaway and haven't seen anything else in print.

Didn't know much about him but I do know he left behind two adorable little daughters. Poor kids.

RIP.

• Informative Informative x 2