Dumaguete Info Search

Tourist Visa 1st 2 month extension

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by Brendan, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Looking at my passport I see the tourist visa stamps have the prices on them. The picture below starts on my 59 day extension (no late fee were applied). The stamps are rather old (2015-16) and I believe include the "express lane" fees but you can see that the first extension is rather expensive (over 7k pesos including the express lane fees). I think the price difference might be due to the exchange rate for the i-card.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/xToYUNbhpuEb5oxV2

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Robboy

Robboy DI New Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    Cebu office, 2 month extension plus ACR-I renewal two weeks ago, P4480

3. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    So perhaps the best MO for us all here is to hold out our hands full of cash and let them take what they want. :smile:

4. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Your very first 2 month extension also includes an alien registration fee - this registration is done once. Think of it as creating a new folder for your information which of course will be there even if you leave and come back 5 years later. So a 1st time visitor to the Philippines will have a higher fee than a return visitor even if they arrived in country on the same plane.

A 59 day "visa" can also be obtained at the airport on arrival by 1)asking for it BEFORE giving your passport to the BI officer and 2)pay for it at the BI office at the airport. You do not save any money but you do avoid a trip to BI for the 29 day extension (it is 30 days free on arrival).

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Brendan

Brendan DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +59 / 9
    Hi guys,
    Here is the receipt for my 1st 2 month extension and ACR. I think the change from the P6500 went on somebody’s lunch.
    Just to add to this, On being given my passport back I was given no information of when I was going to receive the ACR card or where to collect it, I did however get a strip of Bi signed paper stapled to a page in my passport stating I had attended the BI and given my bio data to show any official that required that information.

During this time the guy sitting next to me today at the BI was also getting the same service as I 2 weeks earlier and he also handed over P6500.

Ok, it looks like the photo of my receipt is to big to post, I will figure out how to change the resolution on my phone and post it later as we’re now trying to take our nap

6. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Figure on another month before your card is ready for pickup - or don't bother, go in 6 weeks and pick it up when you do your next extension. Keep that strip in your passport, if you leave the country after being here more than 6 but no more than 12 months, it will let you get your ECC at the Airport when you leave instead of requiring a separate trip and waiting period (currently 3 days I hear) to get your ECC. Upon being in country over 12 months you have to do the extra Exit Clearance trip regardless.

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. OP
    OP
    Brendan

Ratings:
    +59 / 9
    Ok, thanks for that.

I have my phone camera on it’s lowest setting and yet the file is to big for the server so I cannot show my receipt.

Here is the breakdown anyway.
    Alien cert of reg. 1000
    Visa sticker fee. 100
    Head tax. 250
    Mthly ext app fee. 300
    Mthly ext fee. 1000
    Emigration cl fee. 700
    Certificate fee. 500
    ACR I-card fee. 2528
    Legal research fee 50

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Well it all makes sense now. You paid the right price. It would have cost you about 8K + before the express lane fees were taken away. The problem most of us had is we could not understand why you paid so much when you specifically said:

9. OP
    OP
    Brendan

Ratings:
    +59 / 9
    I can see that now, initially they gave me the form to fill for the 2 month extension, took the money and only then gave me the ACR application form to take away to fill out, not explaining the ACR was included in the price.
    We live and learn.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Ozguy17

Ozguy17 Ring Ring. Who's calling?

Ratings:
    +75 / 2
    I have my phone camera on it’s lowest setting and yet the file is to big for the server so I cannot show my receipt.

Here is the breakdown anyway.
    Alien cert of reg. 1000
    Visa sticker fee. 100
    Head tax. 250
    Mthly ext app fee. 300
    Mthly ext fee. 1000
    Emigration cl fee. 700
    Certificate fee. 500
    ACR I-card fee. 2528
    Legal research fee 50[/QUOTE]

I did my 2 month extension last month and the only difference i had in the fees was the ACR-I card fee.

Mine was 2515 but the rest of the fees are the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Informative Informative x 1