Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: See you in a few weeks

1. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I joined back in June and thought a updated hello was in order.

I'm a 51 year old retired American, sold everything last year except what I can carry and started to travel. Planned on getting to the Phils sooner but have spent the last few months in Hong Kong (did a Visa run to Macau).

I am flying into Duma and any current recommendations for a hotel for a few days and/or a place to rent for 2-4 months would be appreciated. Looking to stay under 15,000/mo and have private bath with hot shower, aircon, and decent internet. Will be walking mostly so need groceries/restaurants fairly close. From all the reading I have done I am fairly convinced Valencia will be the best fit for me.

Thanks, Steve

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Jeepney runs from Valencia to Dumaguete and back throughout the day (until around 8-9PM?) and costs 15 pesos.....but my girlfriend laughs at me and says I got ripped off and I should have only paid 13 pesos. :meh: Given my extra weight (200lbs or so) I don't argue with a 2 peso discrepancy.
    You can get a trike during the day for around 100-150 pesos depending on where you are going in Dumaguete. Maybe a bit cheaper if you don't require a "special trip" and get in a trike with other people already in it.. Past 9PM you will be looking at paying P200+.....if you can find one even willing to make the trip up the hill.

• Informative Informative x 2