Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: 2022 What next ?

1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Not to Argue JB but tell that to a lawyer

• Like Like x 2
  2. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Those who can time it exactly should already be multi-millionaires - but it is coming and eventually a big one. The world is awash with debt - governments are insolvent. How long can flimsy cards be stacked upon other flimsy cards before they all fall down? I think stocks are at a P/E of 40 - I was taught that 14 is about right. But economics moves on, reinventing itself to cover the cracks. Perhaps that is the present and the future? I hope this major crash does not happen - it is going to hurt a lot of people. I would rather not profit from another's misfortune.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Serious answer, my friend: I don't think I will change much after (if) the pandemic is over - probably just travel a bit more again. But I always expected a pandemic (as in 1918's flu pandemic) and will just make sure I am stocked up again on masks and a few supplies. It has not changed my thinking as it is an expected event and we just have to go through it and come out the other side. My analogy for life is a rail journey - the pandemic is just another tunnel (but a much longer one than I expected).

• Like Like x 2