Dumaguete Info Search


Tourist Visa 21 days Visa for Foreign National

Discussie in 'Passports and Visas' gestart door noemejane, 1 jul 2012.

  1. firefly

    firefly DI Senior Member

    Lid geworden:
    26 jun 2009
    Berichten:
    971
    Trofeepunten:
    0
    Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    And so do Department of foreign affairs, and most embassy's of the Philippines all over the world.
     
  2. Travel Time

    Travel Time DI Member

    Lid geworden:
    17 mrt 2008
    Berichten:
    66
    Trofeepunten:
    0
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My last trip here, I had to keep explaining to the NWA clerk in the US that I didn't need a r/t (throw away) ticket, just a ticket taking me out of the Philippines within 21 days.

    She finally got the idea.
     
  3. firefly

    firefly DI Senior Member

    Lid geworden:
    26 jun 2009
    Berichten:
    971
    Trofeepunten:
    0
    Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    Yesterday, during an Independence day celebration in Ghent (Belgium) my wife asked the Philippine Ambassador in Belgium about this 30 day rule.
    The Ambassador said "this is not yet implemented"
    Where did i hear this word "implemented"before?
    ---It's more fun in the Philippines---
     
  4. RR_biker

    RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

    Lid geworden:
    12 okt 2010
    Berichten:
    974
    Trofeepunten:
    206
    Ratings:
    +778 / 112
    Requirements for a 30-days VOA are:
    A national passport valid at least six (6) months beyond the intended stay in the Philippines; and
    A return ticket to their country of origin or onward ticket to the next country of destination.
    It doesn't say that the date of this ticket has to be within 30 days of arrival as only a ticket as specified.
     
  5. Lee from Canada

    Lee from Canada DI Member

    Lid geworden:
    28 aug 2011
    Berichten:
    64
    Trofeepunten:
    0
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Arrived june 23th passport stamped good to july 14th
     
  6. Rhoody

    Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

    Lid geworden:
    19 dec 2006
    Berichten:
    5.283
    Trofeepunten:
    0
    Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Back to the OP, tell your BF to come here without extending it at home.

    He gets a 21 day, you extend it here (done in 30 minutes)
    If he gets 30 days, all is good anyway.

    cheers

    Rhoody
     
  7. firefly

    firefly DI Senior Member

    Lid geworden:
    26 jun 2009
    Berichten:
    971
    Trofeepunten:
    0
    Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    Maebe in one airport a 30 day visa will be implemented and in the other airport not.
    Or maebe soon we will see a sign in some immigration lane: "express lane-30 day visa implemented-500 pesos"
     
  8. OP
    OP
    noemejane

    noemejane DI New Member

    Lid geworden:
    1 jul 2012
    Berichten:
    3
    Trofeepunten:
    0
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you very much :smile: Very helpful indeed.
     
  9. tomtorific

    tomtorific DI Senior Member

    Lid geworden:
    25 apr 2011
    Berichten:
    994
    Trofeepunten:
    205
    Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    But they don't tell You is, that its takes 31 days to get to the head of the line.....O-|
     
  10. Jack Peterson

    Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

    Lid geworden:
    19 feb 2010
    Berichten:
    9.115
    Trofeepunten:
    451
    Ratings:
    +5.261 / 1.090
    I arrived on June 29th, Passport stamped till July 20th so in Manila on this day, no 30 day stamp, I was asked, how long I was staying and I told the officer my circumstances and he just stamped and said do an extension in Dumaguete ( he checked my marriage certificate to see I was actually married to a Pinay, have to go to Cebu to sort my 13a out, as it is well out of date. a start over again I guess or at least fines. he said initial 21 day for now

    one thing I did notice though, was a sign saying that all tourists should make ready for inspection Passport, Landing Declaration and Onward/return Ticket. seems these are now being checked on Entry. I offered mine but the Officer just shrugged his shoulders and lipped, a move on
     
Laden...