Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: New German bakery in Valencia

1. sandycreekg

sandycreekg DI Member Showcase Reviewer

retired
    Ratings:
    +167 / 14
    There is a new german bakery that opened a couple of weeks ago now at the south end of the plaza square called Ludwigs bakery, very good quality bread and many different types to choose from, they also have a small cafe with a good range of foods to choose from and sell beer there as well.

We have been buying bread there every few day and find the bread to very good quality

• Informative x 6
    • Thanks x 5
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Seems the relatively rare menu wasn't all that popular. Expats are an extremely unreliable source of income when it comes to restaurants. Cheap Charlies the vast majority of them are. Nothing wrong with that of course...it's just really hard to sustain western food standards when people aren't willing to pay for it. D*mn that free market! :wink:

• Agree Agree x 7
  3. NYC

NYC DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Ludwig's Valencia just expanded. They now have pleasant indoor and patio dining areas and a decent sized menu. Unfortunately (for me), no air conditioning. The new entrance (glass wall and doors) is next to the little stand where they were located and a bit back from the sidewalk. If you cruise past looking for the "old Ludwig's," you may think it is closed up. It's not. They serve breakfast, but don't open until late (9 or 10) on every day but Sunday....when they open at 6:30. They need a baker and assistant cook right now, and told me when they fill the positions they will open at 6:30 everyday for breakfast! What a concept: A restaurant that serves breakfast starting at breakfast time!

• Informative Informative x 6
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Tried it out today. They don't offer loaf/sliced bread, which I find disappointing, but gf picked up some bread from there today (P65). She said there were 3 types available 1) baguette 2) "a brown kind" (I'm guessing wheat or rye bread) and 3) "this kind, I don't know the name" (I'm guessing a sourdough?). Whatever it is I'm eating right now it's much better than the stuff you find at the local bakeries and it's certainly not loaded with sugar.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. sandycreekg

retired
    Ratings:
    +167 / 14

Attached Files:

• Thanks Thanks x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Outcast

Outcast DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +335 / 128
    small but clean resto bar. i haven;t tried the food yet, but prices seem ok, and beer is cold at P40.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Ozguy17

Ozguy17 Ring Ring. Who's calling?

Ratings:
    +75 / 2
    If you are looking for non filo food, there is the place upstairs near the 7/11 called SPICE.

Specializes in Thai and Indian style foods.

Not sure how long it’s been open for but only stumbled upon it a few days ago and gave it a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    I've been using the French bakery opposite the mango tables in banilad on the highway for a while now,great baguettes,choc and plain croissants,quiche amongst other items. Always fresh and good taste.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. sandycreekg

retired
    Ratings:
    +167 / 14
    There is more than 3 types of bread there, also depends what day and what time, we go there at least 2 times a week and always different types of bread. Our favourite is the white whole wheat loaf, very soft and tasty, also the baguetes are great, yesterday we got 3 in a pack about 10 inches long each for 45p for the 3 of them and very fresh

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. hawk263

hawk263 DI Forum Adept Blood Donor Veteran Army

Retired
    Ratings:
    +488 / 81
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I can vouch for the bread. Several different loaves, including multigrain (light rye) , heavy rye. It's good bread. Costing me a fortune in cheese to go with it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1