Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Aloe Vera Plants

1. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    I have seen them in Valencia on the steps where they sell all the plants,we got ours walking along a beach at sitit bay at tambobo,they were growing like weeds there!
    There is a couple of small ones sprouted from ours now if you want to drop by bacong and collect.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    I got some small Aloe Vera in pots. I am in Northwest Dumaguete. PM me if you are interested. These are small but rooted, if you want larger one just root them yourself from larger cutting they are east to get started. Great to use to remove the "sting" from sunburn.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. moveingon

moveingon DI Member

retired
    Ratings:
    +42 / 2
    To grow aloe they do not need much fertilizer but need a desert like soil very loose sandy type is good and only water when the dirt is dry deep down this will cause it to grow moor shoots and thrive. Will grow well indoors with indirect sunlight. They need to be introduced to direct sunlight only a little at a time to harden them off to direct sunlight or they will burn and turn translucent and die. Also they are not a fast growing plant

Good luck

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  4. blueskies

blueskies DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +204 / 35
    Just PM me, i have 5-10 plants healthy looking Aloe that would love to get a new home:happy::happy::happy:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Ingested in small doses probably nothing. Ingested in higher doses.....maybe cancer or kidney disease.

However, the president of a website called "Aloe Life" (obviously unbiased with no possible conflict of interest) disputes the FDA's findings, labeling it a scandal called "Diarrhea-Gate" (:hilarious:), and they believe it is a smear campaign again Aloe Vera plants worldwide.

So there's two sides of the argument....there is also a side that thinks it cures cancer. Not going to bother with those though: Google

Personally, I believe I'll go with the FDA's and CSPI's advice of "external use only". :whistling:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Because I have 5, they are small in 4 or 5 inch pots I really only need one. I only use it when I get sunburned... for that it is great. Even though they are small, root cutting are a sure thing...

• Like Like x 2