Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Nothing but Bad News

1. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    To stay in line with this thread I have a new story.

A good American friend travels back and forth by boat and buss to Cebu at least once per month. A few days ago he was loaded down with bags of stuff and heavy tools, after he arrived at the Sibulan port he realized he lost his wallet on the fast craft, frantically he forced his way back on the boat loaded and ready for departure in a panicked state. Not one person would raise their head because of his panicked loud voice and body movements.

The next day on his return he heard a lady's voice calling Sir Sir! As he turned around she came running up with a plastic bag with his wallet (she recognized him from his drivers license pic), everything including his cash was there!!! His heart almost stopped.... She said a young man had found it and was too shy to speak up, but turned it in to the boat crew and went on his way.

Although, I just lost my cell phone through an unknown hole in my pocket and it hasn't come back, I also have had several positive situations dealing with very honest people.....

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    [​IMG]
    Art Shad
    9 hrs ·

I recently asked my neighbors’ little girl what she wanted to be when she grows up. She said she wanted to be President some day. Both of her parents, are liberal Democrats, were standing there, so I asked her, ‘If you were President what would be the first thing you would do?’
    She replied, ‘I’d give food and houses to all the homeless people.’

’Wow…what a worthy goal.’ I told her, ‘But you don’t have to wait until you’re President to do that! You can come over to my house and mow the lawn, pull weeds, and sweep my yard, and I’ll pay you $50. Then I’ll take you over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the $50 to use toward food and a new house.‘
    She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me straight in the eye and asked, ’ Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work, and you can just pay him the $50? ‘
    Maybe she should be our next president.

• Like Like x 6
  3. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Good news! I beat the Grim Reaper this time.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    Alex, I hate to say it but it was brought home to the girl when it involved her doing the work. If you said her daddy could come over and do the work and the three of you could go down and give the money to the homeless man, it might have still sounded like a good idea to the little girl. Many people are free with money they didn't earn, sadly.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    I sold 4 rabbits and cage , that made me happy i hope it rocks your boat a little also

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    Last edited: May 1, 2016
  6. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    And to cap it all Beer has gone up with other things on this round of "Sin Tax" but all is not Gloom there, My Tipple [​IMG] has Has only gone up 1 (one) peso per Bottle
    So I will just have to have another 30 peso added to my Allowance per week :roflmao:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Trying to find something positive to post from the local/national news but I simply can't find anything. Muslims killing soldiers/beheading people, drugs, Duterte either getting bashed or saying something stupid, trees and airports, bullets in bags, vehicle accidents....that's about there is in the news and social media.....other than some financial snooze-fest articles.

I blame the elections. Good thing the President serves 6 years here! Seems pretty much the same everywhere in the world though, when politicians are running for election they, along with the media, tries to make everything look as bad as they possibly can so they can promise to fix it. :meh:

Anyone been on any trips lately or done something that doesn't make a person want to slit their wrists? Would make for a nice change of pace.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Btw, it's worth noting that I drove by the accident around 4:30-5:00am and the guy was still in the car with a bunch of people standing around it (it could have been the 2 hour or more response time that ended up killing him). The person with me knew the guy and made me stop so she could go see if he was alright. Her medical opinion was that he was "already looking dead" while he was in the car. (The "already looking dead" diagnosis should probably give a few hints on the level of medical training it was being based off of though. :nurse: :cautious:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    Not news but I spotted a place I'm going to visit. Caramoan in the Camarines Sur area.

• Like Like x 2