Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Dutertes 8 point economic plan

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,796
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Hopefully they remove any law that restricts foreigners to only owning a percentage. If I invest 100% I should own 100%. Anything less and I'm not interested.

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    He could start by charging public officials to keep their positions. How many do you think would quit?

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,796
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I think one of the biggest culprits for the widespread corruption in the country is that government officials don't get paid a livable wage. Making them pay to keep a spot would only make the situation worse.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    I'm curious on the laws being changed to allow better foreign ownership of business's and property including land. However I'm also worried about the risk of the Philippines becoming foreign owned where most locals could be left out of ownership other then the areas no one else would want. I don't see the problem as the small foreigner living here who wants to own a house and the land that its and their business. The problem is huge foreign corporations and firms buying up tons of land as they have very deep pockets and then bleeding everyone else dry with insane leases and rental prices. Then also foreign big business's coming into a business sector and with their money and power taking over the entire business sector of an area forcing small business's out (think of Walmart and such forcing out small family owned grocery stores and so forth because no way to compete on prices and the big business can easily afford to deal at a loss for months or a year+ to drive out competition).

Just hoping they don't go the route a number of other countries have gone allowing the country to get foreign owned outright.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1