Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Looking for a Dive Buddy

1. SFREE

SFREE DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0

Thanks for the opportunity. Let me talk about out with some locals I am beginning to meet and see if they are interested. I'll definitely let you know.

Sam

• Like Like x 2
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I'm not a diver myself but if you do want to start such a club I'd be happy to facilitate a spot on the website for you to post relevant information, meetup/dive schedules, promote, etc.

That could be a public or private sub-forum (you moderate), informational page on the main-site, blog, showcase. Easy enough to set up, just let me know if you decide to do that and would be interested.

• Like Like x 2
  3. SFREE

SFREE DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Guys, I just moved to the area and am an avid diver. I have my PADI Advanced Cert. and I am hoping to find someone who is certified that would like to do some shore diving from Dauin area a couple mornings a week. I have my own gear except tanks, so we only have to rent tanks, then we could explore the shoreline reefs, and areas without having to pay the prices of Dive packages.

I have nothing against the Dive Companies, but since I live here, and have a large family, I can't afford to pay their prices just to tag along with their divers.

Let me know if your interested and we can do a meet and greet to work out details.

I'm also not against starting a small Diver's Club to put together a dive once a week where certified Advanced divers that live here can get together once a week and dive an area.

P.S. I put Advanced OW Certifiied, because I'm pretty sure you have to have AOW in order to dive with other AOW's. (Basic OW requires a DM or DiveMaster or better Diver in your group if I'm not mistaken.)

• Like Like x 2