Dumaguete Info Search

Bayawan Best Posts in Thread: What a great little town

1. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    i have visited bayawan several times now and every time I visit I find something new to see.
    Had to got meet a friend there today and try and find some fish which is difficult to find here,the fish market was very clean along with the rest of it and everything labled with a price.
    What I was impressed with is most of the tricycles are now electric and very smal and this was in bayawan and sta catalina. Maybe the local government have some sort of deal for them to change,they were pretty fast also,the bikes were racal and a single seat li,e a push bike and the frame of the seating part was tube steel.
    Ate lunch at pepe's on the boulevard which is always good food with aircon and fast service even though lightening struck a transformer just down the road whilst we were there.
    Plenty of places to see there inc caves,waterfalls and several Spring pools which you can swim in.
    Met with several foreigners who pretty much live off grid in the mountains and stay well away from all the bullshit down below,surprised me how many live up that way. Maybe a upcoming place for foreigners in the near future as way too busy and way too much crap down this way now.

• Informative Informative x 8
    • Like Like x 3
  2. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    The mall is coming along now and should be open in december sometime. C and l hotel has gone down hill big time and rooms dirty. The rooftop bar is closed now so they give you breakfast token for next door which is ok.
    I would recommend hotel maefinn if staying in the area.

received_558323134697395.jpeg

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. redhorse

redhorse DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +269 / 62
    Agree about Bayawan. My wife's family lives there, a couple in town, but most near Pagatban River 8-10 km down the road. So we have spent a fair amount of time there over the years. The boulevard is a lot longer than Dumaguete, and you can actually walk to the water. You can watch sunset (instead of sunrise in Duma) over the ocean too. If any one visits, check out the C&L rooftop resto, same setup as the C&L in Dumaguete, just not as tall, but still nice view. The C&L is where we usually stay now. It's a vast improvement over the pension style places that used to be the only accommodations when we first visited in the 80's. There is also a nice open/native style resto along the beach called "Talipapa" where our niece's wedding reception was held.
    Here's a link to Talipapa, but it's really not as fancy as these pictures make it out to be. From what I'm told, the owner of the Philsouth construction company (Tiera Alta, etc.) hails from Bayawan, so he's got some local investments.
    Talipapa Beach Club – Philsouth Properties & Development Corporation

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. redhorse

redhorse DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +269 / 62
    Thanks for the update!
    I agree regarding the hotel situation. Once it opened, the C&L was always my preferred place to stay as it was a big improvement over the little pension house that used to be the only place to stay. But seems to have gone downhill over the years, although I still find the staff always friendly and accommodating.
    I have not yet stayed at the Maefinn yet but ate there several times. Food was OK, and the building was nice and modern.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I visit Bayawan several times, though can't say I'm familiar with all there. I like to visit there, live there, no thanks, will die of boredom. It just tells me we are all different with a different point of view what's important for us

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. osodelnorte

osodelnorte DI Forum Adept Restricted Account Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +254 / 86
    hahahaha.. if you are coming to bayawan for excitement and fine cuisine you had better bring it with you.. if you love chicken then you will love it.. everyone sells chicken.. its a sleepy town on the verge of waking up.. but for now there is no need for a 9 pm curfew.. because that is when it goes to sleep.. its an agricultural area.. early to bed early to rise.. however, if you hook up with the locals there are many swimming holes to enjoy.. and a few good beaches north nearer to basay.. a motor bike is required and a car will make you lots of friends... its too hot and humid to walk far...

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Yes yes! I don't know why expats would ever want to move to Dumaguete or Valencia when Bayawan is just right down the road. Bayawan is an absolutely LOVELY place to retire! Bayawan City has to be one of the "top 5 best places to retire in the world"! Not sure how Forbes overlooked it, HUGE mistake on the author of that article! If you don't like the city life of Bayawan you can always move up the mountain near Basay - which has to be on my top 10 places to retire - for a nice quite (and much cooler) life! Bayawan, Bayawan, Bayawan! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::sneaky::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nonsense. I can get to that wonderful city on my own wheels in about an 1 1/2. Such a short and beautiful ride to the lovely city of Bayawan! (I do drive a bit fast but it's only because I'm just so darn excited to get to Bayawan! :smug:)

BTW: Bayawan is just a stone's throw away from Sipalay. Which is just like Boracay without all the tourists!
    Thread re-featured!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  8. osodelnorte

osodelnorte DI Forum Adept Restricted Account Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +254 / 86

My wife and I have a little grass shack in Nagbo Alao, Basay. I moved there because there are less dogs and roosters.

The real magic starts on the shores north of Bayawan. Miles and miles of undeveloped sand and 40' cliffs all the way to and beyond the border of Negros Occidental. One of the most exciting coral reserves in the Philippines. The water is crystal clear and still clean.

Bayawan is like Dumaguete was 10 years ago. Just waking up but a hundred times more inviting. I like a boardwalk but only if it runs along a beach and doesn't smell like sewage.

If you are looking for a ground floor opportunity it still exist in Bayawan and North but that window is quickly closing. The Foreign Invasion has just begun.

Definitely Maefinn is in. C&L is out. The Mall will bring a touch of civilization to a place I use to jokingly call Bawayawn. Funtasea Beach Resort about 20 kilometers north. Ocean Swimming, Pristine Beaches, Sunsets and Catered Weddings to be remembered.

New Boutique Resorts popping up every day along the way.

Don't miss out on this one. Get your piece of the pie while there are still slices left. Beachfront property starting at P1000 m2.

Right now it is Paradise on sale.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  9. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    An update: Bayawan is on the way to get its first full service shopping mall: a Puregold. Currently they are making the foundation. First it was planned a two floor mall but they changed the project and will now build three floors instead. A novum is also that it will get the first full Puregold department store.

Question: Is it allowed to post a link here from another forum, which is a great source about construction project?

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. bounder

bounder DI New Member Veteran Navy

Retired
    Ratings:
    +18 / 1
    Blood Type:
    A+
    What I have learned from the NPA. You don't cause problems and leave them alone and they leave you alone. Have traveled the mountains on my motorbike over the past six years and have never ever had a problem with the NPA.

• Agree Agree x 3