Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Outcry over duterte's comments

1. Cerne

Cerne DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +538 / 199
    I'm gonna think about this a little before I argue it....but, I have strong reason to believe he is clinically insane. The rambling speeches, the sheer thoughtlessness of comparing drug addicts to victims of a mad ideology, the scattergun approach to stuff. "Bonkers" is my diagnosis so far....

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,096 / 332
    What's that smell ? Aahh yes, it's burning bridges !!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Cletus

Cletus DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +357 / 107
    Jesus said,

Luke 6:45New King James Version (NKJV)

45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart a]">[a] brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.

All President Duterte has to do to stop all the backlash is keep his mouth shut....which he seems to have a problem doing.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Working on Exit Plan B, seems to be a practical thing to do if Duterte continues his erratic type behavior. He seems to be able to p*ss off almost everyone but the Chinese, who will soon be eating the fish that the Filipinos use to eat.
    Now it seems like his administration's cabinet members are running around frantically "correcting" his statements or denying them (ie Last US war games this year). Somethings do not seem to be right anymore in his administration anymore. He had reason to be concerned about the LP, but now it seems like there is not a cohesive group in his administration anymore that can carry Duterte's message so it can be understood. Yelling "F*ck You to the world" or insulting every nations is not a political philosophy is it? Maybe he needs a good communicator on his side who can get his ideas across, while he takes some medicine for his attitude outbursts.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Jewish leaders have reacted angrily after Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte compared his anti-drug campaign to the Holocaust.

The comment - wrongly citing numbers killed by the Nazis - was inhumane and deeply offensive, they said.

Mr Duterte said he would kill as many addicts as Hitler did Jews in his crackdown on users and dealers.

"Hitler massacred three million Jews... there's three million drug addicts. I'd be happy to slaughter them," he said.

"What President Duterte said is not only profoundly inhumane, but it demonstrates an appalling disrespect for human life that is truly heart-breaking for the democratically elected leader of a great country," said World Jewish Congress president Ronald S. Lauder as he demanded an apology.

US-based Jewish group the Anti-Defamation League said the comments were "inappropriate and deeply offensive", with communications director Todd Gutnick saying it was "baffling why any leader would want to model himself after such a monster".

Rabbi Abraham Cooper, of the US-based Simon Wiesenthal Center, said Mr Duterte owed "[Holocaust] victims an apology for his disgusting rhetoric".

'Cousin of Hitler'
    Mr Duterte, who has overseen a bloody crackdown on drug users and dealers since taking office in June which has left more than 3,000 people dead, made the comments during a rambling speech in Davao, the city where as mayor he implemented a tough anti-crime policy and was accused of sanctioning death squads to kill criminals.

He told reporters he had been "portrayed to be some cousin of Hitler" as he lashed out critics who he said were accusing him of genocide.

"Hitler massacred three million Jews, now, there is three million drug addicts. I'd be happy to slaughter them," he said. Jewish leaders react to Rodrigo Duterte Holocaust remarks - BBC News

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    The wife was on her way home from town earlier this evening and came across a dead drug dealing suspect just shot on the street in Looc.

On another thought, it seems to me the road carnage traffic accidents have dramatically diminished since the war started.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    The question is would that be bringing down the 5% of the Philippines that has a pot to p*ss in and a window to throw it out of? Or the 95% who probably wouldn't notice?

5% of the country is "judgment proof", meaning that even if you sued them and won, there is nothing to get, no cash, no stocks, no bonds, no house, no car, no credit and d*mn little prospect of getting any of that. So what can those Jewish bankers do to the pinoy in the street?

I would be part of another class they can't punish. I get my money from oil. About the only way they could hurt me is to declare peace.:smuggrin:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1