Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: A Foodie in the Phililppines

1. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    I have stayed with Filipino friends and had some great meals, simple traditional Filipino food but prepared with great attention to detail. No Magic Sarap (G) needed.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Mikala

Mikala DI Member Blood Donor Veteran Navy

Nuclear Engineer
    Ratings:
    +144 / 3
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I prefer to think of myself as a gourmand. I heartily discriminate! :D

For example, back in Hilo, Hawaii, one of my homes, my friends will tell me that a restaurant has big portions. I'll pointedly ask if the food is any good and they reluctantly admit that the food is mediocre. That's when I discriminate and won't go to that particular restaurant.

Balut? In my 18 years of traveling and living in the Philippines, I've never gotten drunk enough to try it. Yikes!!!!!

• Like Like x 3
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Didn't do much research prior to moving to the Philippines eh? lol

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    When you accept a job or an assignment, and you make a deal it does not matter what the deal is... you made it, you live by it. $4 a day, or $4,000 a day if you make the deal you live with it... if you do not like the deal then do not make it. Life can be simply, just honor the deals you make, and do not accept the deals you do not like, That way you live you life based on the commitments you make towards other and toward yourself (not accepting the deal).

• Like Like x 2