Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: 42mbps UNLIMITED cost 7,099/month available now at PLDT SMEnation.

1. mangoman

mangoman DI Junior Member Infamous

Ratings:
    +125 / 4
    yes i agree... make lemonade out of lemons... this is what my wife and i do each time there is a scheduled brownout... this time we went up into the mountains near pamplona where we hiked and swam in a mountain stream and had a picnic... so scheduled 12 hour brownouts for us have become an opportunity for us to plan a road trip into the mountains where it is cool and to remind ourselves just how very blessed we are to live on this beautiful island... rather than to view it as an opportunity to drag down others (and ourselves at the same time) by complaining about it.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 5
  2. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    Update on this (it affects Asia generally):

Maintenance work will now be from 9 a.m. Sept. 26 to 5 a.m. Sept. 30.

“Should there be internet traffic spike beyond the traffic of the past weeks, some slowing down in the busiest hours for traffic going to Asia may be experienced, but no service will be denied, and internet traffic within the Philippines and to the US will not be impacted," the company added.

Also affected is Sky Cable, which has warned its Sky Fiber subscribers of an internet slowdown starting 8 a.m. of Sept. 25 to 5 a.m. of Sept. 30. Sky Cable said customers should expect slower connection when using social media, web browser and video streaming sites."

https://cnnphilippines.com/news/2020/9/23/pldt-five-day-emergency-maintenance.html

• Informative Informative x 5
  3. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    While the speed is an advance for the region, is the price just sick. Nearly US$145 is very much. Imagine that many pinoys get less than this amount of money as salary per month.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. blueskies

blueskies DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +204 / 35
    Currently having 2 lines of 100mbps Globe 2,899/month, 50mbps Globe 2,499/month, 10mbps Fil Products 1,599 and 50mbps PLDT 2,399 all unlimited. Service is better compared to 4 years ago, of course! For this year we experienced 3days without internet during June. Today Pldt announced service maintenance 25Sept till 30Sept(5days).
    If the DITO will soon available in the area i will of course take a bite! let’s see what the market can offer..perhaps 1000000mbps:smile:)

• Informative Informative x 3
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  5. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I like Sibulan to, nice to visit the countryside sometimes

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Or have gas to drive outside the brownout area. I learned some new things today with a road trip.

• Like Like x 2