Dumaguete Info Search

BoI Info Best Posts in Thread: Annual reporting time again

1. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    PRESS RELEASE

BI Reminds Registered Aliens of 3 March Deadline

Registered aliens have until March 3, 2017 to report in person at the Bureau of Immigration offices and pay the annual fee, as provided for under Republic Act 562 or the Alien Registration Act.

Bureau of Immigration (BI) Commissioner Jaime H. Morente invited all registered aliens to visit the Head office in Intramuros, Manila or any of the Bureau’s field offices. “The Annual Report of registered aliens is required by R.A. 562 and they have to do this within the first 60 days of every year,” he said.

The BI Chief stressed that the Annual Report period is non-extendible and warned that “failure to comply shall result in imposition of administrative fine and/or imprisonment at the option on the Commissioner.”

For aliens who are less than 14 years of age, Morente said it shall be the duty of their parent or legal guardian to report on their behalf.

The rules state that aliens making the Annual Report shall each pay to the government an Annual Report Fee of P300 and Legal Research Fee of P10.

They shall also present their original and valid Alien Certificate of Registration Identity Card (ACR I-Card) and a confirmation number issued to them via the Bureau’s Annual Report 2016 Online System.

An alien may no longer report in person if he had personally appeared in at least one of the Annual Reports held in 2014, 2015, or 2016 and upon presentation of a Special Power of Attorney (SPA) and valid identification document by his legal representative.

An alien who returns to the Philippines with a re-entry permit shall, if he has not yet made the required Annual Report, make such report within 30 days from the date of his return to the Philippines.

All aliens are encouraged to report and remit the Annual Report fee payments at BI designated offices, the list of which can be can found in the Bureau’s website (www.immigration.gov.ph).

• Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It would probably be very wise for you to fix that issue. The current administration, who appointed the BoI chief, seems to have a "do as I say or GTFO" motto. If you have all your eggs in the Philippine basket it would be a really good idea to protect that basket by doing everything the government tells you to do. Now is really not the time to mess about and ignore the laws of your host nation.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    :smile: I think at this time a year we get this question on the BB stamp, basically it is a privilege stamp issued on Entry (By immigration) with your Spouse on behalf of the Tourist board mainly to attract Filipinos to return home & bring the other Half to Spend:wink: It is a Visa Waiver more so than a Visa per-say and Lasts for (one) year or less is you decide to leave you can only use it once (If you have 3 months left you can't re-enter for the remaining 3 months) After the initial 1 year you have to register as a Tourist and Go on Extensions this is a debatable point, do you get 3 years on Extensions or only 2 ( You have been in the PI already 1 year? It can not be Renewed while you are in the PI as it is only Granted on Arrival ( With your Spouse)
    To get another Year it will need you and your Spouse to do a Run but be careful, if Immigration suspect some pattern and the system is being abused (it is a privilege) they may not Grant the Stamp. For me, Stagger your comings and Goings. :thumbsup:

This my Understandings of the BB stamp

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    There is something Radically wrong here, I spoke to Mandaue office this morning and they tell me that there is no necessity for any Photo copies of anything from a 13a Holder that is Reporting for a 2nd and subsequent time Just Your Passport your ACI , Last years OR and 310 peso IF it is your 1st time reporting ie Probation or a new i3a from abroad then they need the Online Number printed and submitted.
    Many complaints have been received and they tell me they are going to look into it. It would appear this is only happening at Field offices
    Maybe I should send them a Hymn book so they can all sing from the same book.
    No it does not take that Long to get the Photo copies but we all know the situation in Dumaguete BI office. 9/10 times you end up at the back of the Queue again
    On the other Hand maybe just maybe, this is Peter Bueno's attempt to prove he needs to Relocate his Office
    Just saying :bag:

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  5. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,377 / 1,261
    You need last years receipt, ACRI and passport. Simple as that.

• Thanks Thanks x 1