Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: 24 hour curfew for seniors and students [IMPLEMENTED IN DUMAGUETE]

1. shakey

shakey DI Member Veteran Navy

economic refugee
    Ratings:
    +295 / 8
    Blood Type:
    O-
    I have two cars that need to go to the now open repair shops but I am quarantined and can't take them because of the 24 hour curfew for seniors. Some groceries have special hours for seniors...but we are in 24 hr quarantine.

LIBERATE THE SENIORS!

shakey aka John

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    Well, since both members in my household are over 65 and we currently have no one under 65 here to get food, medicine, pay electric bills, pay water and cable, (get beer), I guess I will have to take the chance. I will go out on short trips IF necessary because the cure starts to get worse than the disease. It is good they are doing this to expose how un-thought out this decree was made. And at Mercury drug where seniors must go to procure needed medications. Hope it hits the news. If wife cannot get diabetic medicine, I don’t care if they kick us out. In metro Manila they give a provision that one person in the household even if elderly can leave once a day to get needed supplies; I don’t see any young persons in this barangay coming to our gate offering their services to do this for money but if there were I would gladly hire them. So we will see what happens when I get “caught”. :Idk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
    • I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  3. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I have seen some in FB who will take initiative to make a group to help old expats over 65 who can't go out. Frankly, I don't think the problem exists, very few single guys here lol and the few I know are under 65 and has chosen to be single. I know one expat who can go out because of an accident but he has live in housemate/helper and friends who will be there for him.. I don't say the problem doesn't exist but I can't imagine anyone with no friends or neighbors who are willing to help. On the other side, I know many Filipino who lost their job and face hard times to feed their family, some barangay give help to poor families, I know they do in Dauin but other places don't. We can all give a few kilo of rice and maybe some canned goods to our poor neighbor if we have some. Only give if you feel for it, no pressure it's up to the individual to decide if they want to give a little help to the people who are in need for it

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It does reduce the chance of the elderly catching the virus. Two less hands touching things.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. tuba-coma

tuba-coma DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

sales
    Ratings:
    +678 / 160
    what is the definition of students in this case? just people going to school and/or university ? including minors or not? babies are mostly no students ... ? people in their 30's making the driving license are students ... I find this order/advice confusing

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. djfinn6230

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    I disagree that elderly people going out for basic NECESSITIES a few days per week (an example would be the new Bohol EO by their gov yap who apparently realizes the problem) will risk overrunning local hospitals which currently are treating zero active cases. The ways to guard against spread of infections are well known; you probably disagree and that is OK but I don’t think requesting a reasonable accommodation for the basics of life is “moaning and groaning” unless such reasonable accommodations were totally impossible, which has not been shown to be the case. But thank you for your concern. It is premature but degamo may have the same thinking as mr yap.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Jens K

Jens K DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +764 / 47
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    explain that to a 5y old who just wants to go out on his bicycle for 20 minutes a day. cant traumatize a whole generation of kids because of this sh*t.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    No checkpoints .... I am out :smile:

• Like Like x 2
  9. djfinn6230

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    If that is how they left it, I would appreciate that they don’t clarify lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. AndyG

AndyG DI Member Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor

Web developer
    Ratings:
    +124 / 1
    Blood Type:
    A-
    This just in

upload_2020-3-24_17-49-32.png 90727591_1253105548217001_452137293218578432_o.jpg

• Informative Informative x 2