Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: 24 hour curfew for seniors and students [IMPLEMENTED IN DUMAGUETE]

1. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    That sounds reasonable, better if it were documented but I will not complain. 99.99% of the time we are home...and that is the way it should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Mikal

Mikal DI Member

Ratings:
    +139 / 12
    Kind of exhausting watching all these power grabs play out. Anyway...

Provincial Government of Negros Oriental
    8 hrs ·
    #FYI
    March 22, 2020
    10:24 PM

On the pressing issue of a 24-hour curfew for students and senior citizens, the Governor would like to inform the public that he is adopting the guidelines set forth by the Office of the Presidential Assistant for the Visayas (OPAV), effective immediately in the entire Province of Negros Oriental. This is in addition to the curfew provisions stipulated under Executive Order No. 21-A, Series of 2020.

This is also to categorically deny what has been running through in social media and mainstream media that the Provincial Government does not implement the Advisory of OPAV. It was a misquote. What the Governor said in his Official Personal FB Page is that "it cannot be implemented without an EO from the Local Chief Executive of every LGU", considering that same Advisory is not self-implementing.

While some sectors would like to use this situation to advance their political agenda, the Governor is now strongly adopting the Guidelines through an Executive Order, with specific clarifications. Copies of which will be disseminated tomorrow during the Inter-Agency Task Force meeting.

By Authority of the Governor:

Bimbo G. Miraflor
    PIO

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It has nothing to do with senior citizen or discount on anything, it says the age of 65

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I will wave to you old farts when I pass by your houses, just hope the curfew is over before November when I get 65 lol, until then I'm so f8cking tired of people who don't care about others, my needs/panic buying, my rights to decide if I will protect myself and other people from getting infected with a virus and if you get coronavirus for sure blame others

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2