Dumaguete Info Search

24 hour curfew for seniors and students [IMPLEMENTED IN DUMAGUETE]

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by djfinn6230, Apr 30, 2020.

1. OP
    OP
    djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    Deleted duplicate

2. tis me

tis me DI Member

Ratings:
    +196 / 45
    I am a senior citizen and I have a job, effective today May 1 my job is to go out and drink beer.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Good luck. I just checked several 7 Elevens around town and they still had the alcohol covered/back in storage.

4. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Checkpoint still open on Bacong Valencia road

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    djfinn6230

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    My Asawa is talking to the barangay captain (in Valencia) right now asking for an exception to get special pass issued to get money and pay power and other bills $ get necessities after 6 weeks. NORECO could disconnect power in a few days. I’m certain they will when not paid. But captain just told her “no exceptions”. She broke into tears, rarely happens with her. What a nightmare. Not looking for help, frankly too embarrassed but thanks to those who might offer. Just really amazed at why Bohol can accommodate people like us but negros oriental cannot. Does not make sense. I know that you who are not in the same position you consider this whining. You are close; it is crying, and asawa doesn’t really care what you think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    That is pretty absurd. Did they offer any assistance or potential solutions at all? They can't honestly think people are going to live without food, water and electricity. If I were in your situation I would be reaching out to the embassy for assistance along with the head of the DFA.

(@teddyboylocsin): https://twitter.com/teddyboylocsin?s=09

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    djfinn6230

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    Thanks. I thought of that but learned that today is the May Day holiday so government offices are closed; however, the barangay was very moved by conversation with Asawa (I didn’t pick up all of the cebuano discussion) and said they would contact the LGU (don’t know who/what that local govt unit is). They just called now and told us to go to the barangay office this afternoon for a special certificate so it’s looking better (I think). Have to remember to ask them to make it effective for Monday as I assume banks are closed today. Or hopefully, multiple days effectivity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 4
  8. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    hey djfinn6230 ...
    sorry for your woes. did you see the bill payment extension noreco offered?

https://tinyurl.com/ydfnl3rq

• Like Like x 1
  9. fahr_side

fahr_side DI Member

Ratings:
    +118 / 23
    They need to get in touch with DILG as they are saying seniors with special needs can get a barangay clearance.

No one really knows what to do or what is going on. EOs come too close to the implementation date for anyone to analyze what they mean so today for example Robinson’s staff were sure the liquor ban was still effective and wouldn’t sell anything, while LSP was selling like any other day. OTOH they appeared to have no idea so many people might descend on them today so they only put a trainee on till there and no one to help the poor kid pack. The line took 20m but I was glad to be able to replenish my dwindling stocks.

10. Ryan861

Ryan861 DI New Member Restricted Account Infamous

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    A big wish, the participants can avoid abbreviations like OTOH and slang language here, because there are other nationalities here, thanks in advance.

• Agree Agree x 2