Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: What now NORECO?

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Be careful with promoting Valencia as a nice place to live. The more the expat community grows there the less appealing it will become. I remember when I didn't have to put up with hearing/seeing a bunch of loud/stupid/drunk foreigners. That time has long passed and now I send someone to go buy food at the market for me whenever possible to avoid having that "what's your name/how long have you been here/where do you live/you're sitting in my seat (no, you don't own this seat at this restaurant you f*cking tw*t)/herpderp we're drunk morons, wanna engage in a ridiculously moronic conversation with us?" nonsense. Also, the more idiots that move in the more the locals will try to raise the longnose price on everyone.

• Agree Agree x 7
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I have been to many many places in the Philippines that were not infested with idiotic/alcoholic foreigners. Dumaguete is not one of them.
    Only if they know about them. Which is why I won't publicly discuss a few awesome places I have found in the Philippines that are very similar to Dumaguete, minus the foreigners, that I am thinking of moving to. I don't expect them to remain a secret forever, but I will do everything I can personally do to keep it a secret for as long as possible.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Old Codger

Old Codger DI Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 16
    Is that your only complaint against Noreco? How about their 10% interest charge if you pay your bill one day late. Legal rate of interest in the Philippines is 6% per annum. How about the charge for system losses? That means that because they are too lazy to check for illegal connections, they can just charge the honest payers extra to cover the loss. Licence to print money.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. hawk263

hawk263 DI Forum Adept Blood Donor Veteran Army

Retired
    Ratings:
    +488 / 81
    Blood Type:
    A+
    The difference is, in Valencia it's still possible to sleep without ac /fan.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    • Informative Informative x 2
  6. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    The power lines are up there if you look visually,not on google,a couple of places you can see them is pulangbato falls and always wondered how they got them up there!
    Another place is azalea resto on the way up to twin lakes,they run right over the mountains to amlan wjere they go under the tanon straight to cebu.

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. NYC

NYC DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    We in Liptong, Valencia, must be on the same feed. We had three on Friday. Then early Saturday morning another one hit at 1:30 am and lasted 9 hours.

It's baffling (or, maybe not) that the town with such enormous geothermal generating capacity can't even provide it's own townsfolk with even semi-reliable electrical service.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Outcast

Outcast DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +335 / 128
    To each his own. while some may prefer to deal with some infrastuctre probelms and have space and be surrounded by trees, clean air, cool temps, and nature, others seem to prefer living in a tiny concrete AC box surrounded by hundreds of people. I couldn't live that way.

• Agree Agree x 2