Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: New motorcycle registration

1. Outcast

Outcast DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +335 / 128
    It is highly doubtful he will save anything. Every contract I havce looked at, if you pay it off early you still pay the full interest on the entier term of the loan.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
  2. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,591 / 2,888
    We had the same situation when buying a car from a main dealer in April ... but they informed us of this RIDICULOUS situation in advance and we cancelled the order. Instead we bought a one year old warranted car (privately but via the same main dealer) already registered and in use from day one (it was an exact copy, even in colour, of the one we had ordered new, so we were very lucky). Not only is this a major problem for new vehicle purchasers (with the vehicle depreciating as it sits on the drive) but is a huge problem for businesses selling the vehicles and should not be allowed to continue. There are solutions if only someone at the top is willing to make the orders.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Jens K

Jens K DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +764 / 47
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    I bought my KLX last August and am still waiting for the number plate. Received the OR/CR in December, before that the only thing I had was kind of a certificate from the dealer (gud moto on South Hwy) stating vehicle details and that I'm the buyer. Their explanation was that after the election last summer things had been reorganized / responsibility for registration moved to the LTO in cebu, and they were that slow.

Been driving 5000km as of now, never got stopped at a checkpoint so I cannot comment on what might happen if. Anyway I'd never thought of not driving a brand new bike just because they don't get their bureaucracy in order. I think I even went on the ferry to siquijor with just that certificate once without problem.

It appears that most of the financing is done by the dealers themselves (?), so you cannot expect them to give you a big incentive to pay cash since this reduces their profit big time. I got just php 500 discount for the Klx (priced around 120k). When buying a scooter in Lapu Lapu it went so far that the desired new model was only available for financing, not for paying cash. Got a reasonable deal on the slightly bigger but older model though.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Best just ignore them and ride the bike,the dealers can issue a letter when buying for the period until registration is issued if they want to.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Ezek20

Ezek20 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Blood Type:
    A+
    As it seems, LTO currently can take up to 3 months processing the registration regardless of the law and what the head of Dumaguete LTO says. Meaning that my motorcycle is still not registered. However, it is confirmed that the dealer did send the papers to LTO in Cebu.

6. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Watch out for the early Settlement clause Brian, it can be a little expensive considering what you might save :bag:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,591 / 2,888
    It seems to be locally that Hyundai, Mitsubishi and Kia all give 5 years (with varying mileage limits) and Toyota gives 3. But we noticed that some new cars have no airbags and some only the driver's airbag; I think a driver and passenger airbag on a new car should be expected by now.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Are you sure? Did they pay every year so its up to date? Are all the duties paid? Is there a lien on it? Is it stolen?

There are more potential problems buying used than new. When I bought my used truck from a car lot in Cebu I thought it was a wise choice. Then I went to get it transfered to my name and could not because "there is a problem". Curious about the problem I went to an attorney to get it solved. Turns out that the vehicle was said to have been imported many years ago (it was an 18 year old truck already) and no one paid the customs duties. I have no idea if the duties were paid and I was getting scammed or if there really was a problem.

Anyway, I explained to the lawyer how this truck had already been sold to at least 3 different Filipinos and now that a foreigner owns it they don't want to transfer it to my name. He saw the prejudice in that and somehow he 'fixed it' for 20K pesos so the truck ended up registered in my name.

Wish I had bought new and waited for the plates :-)

PS: The lawyer asked for the name of the car dealership owner and for his phone number. Seems they never found the guy to ask him why the duty was not paid, and yet he is still there.

9. Ezek20

Ezek20 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Okey went to the dealer today, the manager was not there in the morning (he knew I was coming today, as today was the deadline I set for them).. So we came back in the afternoon.. Once again his not there, but he had given my documents to another employee with a note..

They gave me receipts and other photocopies of documents proving they processed my registration at LTO on 12th of May and had note saying it will be done in 7 days.. So they gave up their 2-3 months trash talk and transitioned to the 7 day one. Meaning I can (at least should be able) to pick up my registration documents this Friday according to the dealer as well as LTO.

• Informative Informative x 3
  10. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    We are definitely not in Kansas anymore...

• Agree Agree x 3