Dumaguete Info Search

Home & Garden Best Posts in Thread: Tool RENTAL ??

1. gerry_bc

gerry_bc DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +608 / 34
    I don't think you can, the workers would destroy them and you would have to buy it. But Rejoice sell "real" Bosch and Dewalt tools and good quality concrete bits. For about a 100 usd you can buy a hammer drill and they have a great selection of bits. Also they are the warranty shop for all of Negros and do super repair work....

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. NYC

NYC DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Found a place that rents a jackhammer now. "Santillon" in the new yellow building on Legarda St. in Valencia...just outside Valencia proper where the pavement ends (for the first time)...heading north, right side of the road. 1700W electric INGCO. Does quick work on the big-semi-rocks made up of tightly compacted clay. Granite is another story; it will do it, but a slow process. Probably works well on concrete, but I didn't try that although it is technically a demolition tool and should break up concrete fairly well.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    i recently learned that some barangays have tools to lend out. for instance, I'd like to install a check valve under the manual pump here but i don't have a pipe wrench large enuf to get the pump off of the supply line and the landlord informed me that the barangay has a loaner.

• Informative Informative x 3
  4. DAVE1952

DAVE1952 DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,095 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    I'm not sure when you paid SRT 6K a day to rent that machine, but just a few months back, my friend and I rented from there and it was p1100, per hour, pus fuel and mobilisation cost of 2K, I must say his operator was great, and worked twice as fast as another company we hired from at P950 per hour, my he could make that machine dance, but that became a problem when the music started across the street, he his machine doing all the Michael Jackson moves?
    By the way sometimes breaking up a concrete slab is so much easier than you think? partly depending on how well it has been fabricated, but that would be unlikely here in Phils, getting a large strong lever under the slab and putting on an upward pressure whilst hitting the top with a big mash hammer can often do the trick?

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
  5. NYC

NYC DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Santillan Rentals & Trading 09173143588 has one for rent. Little bit pricey, but if you only need it one day might be worth it. Or, ask for a better price. Located on Legarda Street just outside Valencia proper in East Balabag barangay. I've used it many times. They are open M-Sat.

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Pl
    Plus they have free refreshment.:biggrin:

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. gerry_bc

gerry_bc DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +608 / 34
    So I have read all the posts and agree with Shaun ... just ask to borrow. If you have in your years here made friends they will lend/ recommend friends whom will help you. I have a ton of sh*t I have compiled over the years and will offer it out to anyone who will not abuse it or damage it. There are many good members here on DI that will assist you buddy....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1