Dumaguete Info Search

Food & Grocery Best Posts in Thread: Gas or charcoal grill

1. ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Senior Construction Manager
    Ratings:
    +1,752 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I saw some decent Weber grills a number of years ago at Robinsons...pretty expensive but I am also going to have to get a new one. Hopefully someone on the ground can point us both in the right direction.

Shawn

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Sedona

Sedona DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +673 / 102
    A couple of weeks ago I noticed that the hardware store in City Mall had a big stack of bags of Kingsford charcoal in front of their entrance. Within a few days they were sold out and I kicked myself for not buying about five bags. Not sure if that was a one shot deal, or something they have on a regular basis.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Senior Construction Manager
    Ratings:
    +1,752 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I actually prefer the coconut charcoal over the "wood" charcoal but seems to be more seasonal than the wood (at least what we see available in Tanjay). The coconut charcoal burns a bit hotter and faster so you need to adjust your grilling style a bit. Both types are really cheap.

I do understand though...kingsford charcoal is so much better and easier to grill with, but it is what it is. I was told by someone years ago that you could get "normal" bags of charcoal at the old Clark AB but don't know for sure.

Shawn

• Like Like x 2
  4. WATSISNAME

WATSISNAME DI Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 100
    I have a ziegler and brown gas grill for sale if anyone is interested just pm me....it is only 6 months old...used probably half dozen times........portable one...

• Like Like x 2