Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: What happened the much rumored Burger King at City Mall?

1. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    too many fast food/junk food establishments in this town in my opinion.

Where can you get a good decent healthy meal? Apart from Casa Blanca.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    Plenty of big malls here have multiple jollibee's in the same mall and then often another within a block of the mall.

I used to love KRI burgers a number of years ago but I kept seeing prices go up and quality down and I finally just stopped bothering.

I'd love a BK here though but just don't think its going to happen. Its feeling like things like that they just don't want to bring to anyplace without an international airport and super easy access to major shipping. Further I see Dumaguete going downhill within 5-10 years because they will not under any circumstances it seems change how things run here to better accomdate a growing city. Traffic, parking, cleaning up trashy business's in the middle of town, or setting any sort of standards. They could even do some heavy traffic flow changes setting a lot more 1 ways along with setting pickup/dropoff areas for trikes/easyrides while getting strict on poor parking and double parking and traffic flow would vastly improve.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    There have been many posts where people recommend different restaurants in and around Dumaguete and the only constant themes are 1. Everyone has a different opinion on that and 2. Just when you find one that you believe is great, it will change to be mediocre.

But at the risk of finding out the quality is not the same, I would still drive out to El Dorado if I was searching for a good decent healthy meal at a price that I consider fair value.
    El Dorado Beach Resort – All the fun under the sun!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    He took that to the extreme. Eating there occasionally and in moderation is going to be fine for the vast majority of people. If you are eating at McDonald's 2-3 times/day for a month is going to screw with anyone's health. Eating the same thing at most any restaurant (or at home) 2-3 times/day for a month straight is going to screw with your health. The only thing to really take away from that "experiment" is "use some common sense, dummy!"

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 241
    This is a pattern I've seen happen over and over. The down hill spiral of a nice place as it is destroyed by it's own success. Many of the places I visited 20+ years ago are crowded, dirty places these days. Dumaguete, Alona Beach, Boracay, Quepos, Cancun, Phuket, Bali, Koh Samui. I wonder what El Nido is like these days.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. gerry_bc

gerry_bc DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +608 / 34
    Katz Resto bar, SacSac , owned by my sister in law.. Great place, great food, satellite sports, backed by a generator.... These are pics of their food!!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  7. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    Yah, its already been happening hard. Guess I should have said I see Dumaguete hitting the utter sh*t status in 5-10 years. Back in 2011 when I first move to Dumaguete things were a lot nicer. Since then very little has improved while so much has gotten worse. I guess one of the few *better* things is we don't have a Sunday brownout every 2-3 weeks. Of course now they are making brownouts happen on Saturday when they need to fix their crap.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. OzeMike

OzeMike DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +621 / 46
    Blood Type:
    O+
    You only have to look at the mess Cebu City is in to see what can happen.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. fritz

fritz DI Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +95 / 5
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Hi, maybe - if you not have done already - you try the Burgers in kri, that's what I call a Good Burger - only the homemades are better! :finger:

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    There is also one at SM Seaside Talisay if anyone heading into Cebu and wants to stop there for lunch. (Well there was last year so I am assuming it is still there).

• Informative Informative x 2