Dumaguete Info Search

Utilities & Mobile Best Posts in Thread: So whats the verdict?

1. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    As I said, I just applied online to upgrade my PLDT to 50 Mbps with a 300Gb cap per month. They have a special on this weekend only, (at least they do if you have a myPLDT account), to get free install which will save me 3500 pesos. The monthly price is 1899.

I have already been in touch with a techie who says it IS available in my subdivision. I have received an email and text message to say "application pending" and they will get back to me within 24 hours.

More than that I cannot say, but I thought the deal looked good enough to give it a try and a 300 GB cap is more than I am going to use so no big deal. The unlimited 50 Mbps plan is an additional 1,000 pesos a month and I don't see the value in it for a normal household.

But I will have a better idea when and if it gets installed and working.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. dwms07

dwms07 DI Junior Member Infamous Veteran Army

whale conservation
    Ratings:
    +34 / 1
    Blood Type:
    O+
    The best all around is Globe phone and internet combo. I been here 20 years and have tried them all. I would also invest in a battery back-up that will keep your internet modem alive during black outs! Keep in mind that doing business here will usually aggravate most foreigners. Try not to show you are upset. Smile, beg, and tip heavy and you'll get better treatment. And if you need repairs, be sure to compliment, smile, and tip the repairman so he will rush back when you need help again. NEVER YELL OR SHOW ANGER TO A FILIPINO!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1