Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Suited venue for a wedding

1. ex231

ex231 DI Member

Ratings:
    +124 / 28
    Check out Tierra Alta. Pretty good food and beautiful view. 3 years ago I think it was about $500 for the venue, food for 50, and they threw in a free room.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Also be sure you know what you are getting, we had an issue with Dresses/Suits. We went to one place in the City recommended to us by one of the Tricycle Driver's when asked if he knew of a Wedding Dress Shop in Dumaguete. We went there and checked out what they had to offer, we chose the style of dresses my Wife liked, paid the Owner and went home waiting for the call to come in for the fittings. MY Understanding was we were BUYING The Dresses (around 20K!) and when we went back, one of the workers who took measurements asked my Wife WHY it was so expensive? I said to her that we were buying not renting, and the Owner frowned and said something in Bisayan and the worker looked very flustered and quickly left us with the Owner. I mentioned it to my Wife and she spoke with the owner who in the end confused her even more with vague replies. Long story short, we were only renting and the worker mentioned that it should have been around half what we were paying to my Wife. I am SURE the worker lost her job as she was not there when we returned the Dresses and were charged for cleaning on top for barely noticeable spots that I am sure were there before from previous hiring. Check more than one place before you choose and compare pricing and IF you are Buying or Hiring!

*EDIT:
    Oh; I had my Barong Tagalog Shirt and the rest of the guys shirts made from Ramil's Tailors who did a great price and great job on them! We had to go and buy the material from a Material shop (we chose the shop opposite-near to the Frozen Throne Internet Cafe WIDE Choice of materials there) and take back to the Tailor who measured up us guys and had them done within a few days! HIGHLY Recommended Tailor for any larger sized expats here who want quality clothing made for them!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1