3 Brothers Die After Illegal Gold Mine Shaft – Due to Uncle Saying “I have a Dream” – stock photo – Philippines Lifestyle - Philippines Lifestyle Kabankalan City, Negros Occidental – Three brothers are dead after their uncle told them last year that he “had a dream” about gold bars being buried in the area around their home. The three brothers became trapped in a mine hole some 20-feet deep on Saturday. 42-year-old Danilo Nabas, 40-year-old Rolando, and 33-year-old Reynanate, were buried alive near their home in Barangay Tan-awan. Police say that their 22-year-old brother in law went to check on the three brothers around noon Saturday, but got no reply when calling down the shaft for them. The young boy went down the mine shaft but the stench of sulfur overtook him, creating a breathing problem for him. He climbed back out of the hole and called for help. Rescuers arrived and found the brothers unconscious – they were rushed to a nearby hospital where they died while being treated. The young man was also confined to the hospital and remained confined for his condition. Officials said that the three brothers had been digging since early 2015
It sounds like they ran into some hydrogen sulfide, nasty stuff. Hopefully the rescuers had proper breathing apparatus. The story says found buried alive and mentions being unconscious, that could just be creative journalism.
.......and!? Argh! Finish the dang sentence please! Why even mention the uncle "had a dream" about finding gold if you aren't going tell us if they found it? They are trying to make the brothers sound stupid for following their uncles "dream".....but did they ever find anything? Me's thinks if 3 guys dig for almost a full year they had to have found at least a little something that was keeping them motivated. I've never known a local (especially the mountain type) to think and plan that far into the future. I sure the feck wouldn't invest 1 year of hard physical labor without getting paid some dividends on my investment along the way.
Apparently, many people around the world believe that WWII Japanese General Yamashita buried several caches of gold bars and other precious treasures the Japanese are alleged to have stolen throughout SE Asia during that time period Many people think much of these valuable artifacts were dismantled of their jewels, ivory, jade, etc, with the precious metals then being melted down and poured into bars. I think if you Google Yamashita's Gold, stuff will come up for you to read about this. In any event, it is believed that if this did happen, General Yamashita, toward the end of the war, buried much of this reclaimed booty in up to 200 different locations around the Philippines - to include burying some of this stuff in mountainous regions around the Philippines, as towards the end of that war, Yamashita was not able to repatriate these treasures safely back to Japan. I wonder if this Yamashita's Treasure thing played a part in this three man disaster? nwlivewire
In a word yes! Many people believe in Yamashita's gold. Many Filipino's are also desperately poor and will grasp at straws trying to end their poverty. Also a fairly large number of the population here believe Yamashita's gold is why the Marcos were so wealthy. They believe Ferdinand Marcos found and absconded with this treasure. IMO this is untrue he just robbed the countries natural resources and ruthlessly controlled all economic sources under his dictatorship between himself and his cronies who still control the majority of wealth in this country to this day.