Dumaguete Info Search

3 year visa extension

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by dauinbrit, Dec 15, 2018.

1. OP
    OP
    dauinbrit

dauinbrit DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 6
    Many thanks for all the helpful advice!

• Like Like x 1
  2. furriner

furriner DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +348 / 70
    Some years ago, around 2008, things may have been different. Friends of our’s living in DGTE flew to Hong Kong out of Manila. They returned a few days later. While in line, there was talk about needing to slip $100.00 into your passport to receive the BB visa, given at officer’s ‘discretion’. Our friend refused to slip the $100 into his passport and neither would I for fear of being charged with attempted bribery. Anyway, the officer would only issue him the 21 day visa and from there he went to a lawyer to try to get a 13a which didn’t work out but that is another story. Anyway, I never heard of BB refusal at Cebu Mactan immigration and I only heard of this one case in Manila. But, under the new president I suspect such corruption is not happening anymore. The man ultimately passed away and never did fix his status and never got caught, at least whilst alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Hog Heaven

Hog Heaven DI New Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Blood Type:
    A+
    One fellow mentionedit but worth repeating. Be sure to get throwaway ticket out in addn to your round trip. Mactan Immgn checking for exit ticket. I recently got caught there. I found Macau cheapest.

4. bounder

bounder DI New Member Veteran Navy

Retired
    Ratings:
    +18 / 1
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Before returning to the states for medical purposes last April, I purchased a one way ticket on CebuPacific to Sinagapore from Manila for a whopping price of $25 during a sales promo. So, if you know you are going somewhere out of country, be sure to get a throw away ticket as far ahead as possible.

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    When we showed up in 2016, they wouldn't let us onto PAL without a "return," so we added a "outbound" from manila to hong kong, REFUNDABLE. Several months later, after a bit of hassle, we got a refund from PAL. At the time, I didn't have my SRRV yet.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. furriner

furriner DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +348 / 70
    Right, with SRRV no problem and they let us go through immigration in the diplomatic line which was very fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk