Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Noreco NY Eve 3 brownouts

1. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    Well, the problem is that we are not dealing with the simple “water pipe” theory of electrical circuits. We are dealing with things like “surges”, electrical effects involving very short times and very high currents and voltages. So I try to reduce it to the simplest math possible because math is the only tool that explains these things. So if that doesn’t work, it’s back to the water pipe theory which is way too simplistic to use in explaining surges, capacitive and inductive (motor load/ aircon) effects. But adherents of the water pipe theory become miffed when the find that lower voltage applied to an induction motor increases the current as it turns more slowly and the current turns into heat. Not enough voltage. But I suspect many people here have been educated in electrical theory in the Military and can understand my post and even add to it. It is an interesting topic because power outages and surges happen here all the time. Many engineers would never attempt to explain but I do respect the intelligence of people on this forum...I know, I know, that is a dangerous thing to say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1