Dumaguete Info Search

Home & Garden Best Posts in Thread: TRIUMPH HOME DEPOT

1. Michael. B

Michael. B DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +194 / 12
    When shopping at Rejoice i would just give one of the shop assistance a list of what i wanted and then stand back let then run around finding the items, they would return with any questions or samples of different items, then again standing back just watch as they put things through the till and pack everything, i would then pay and most times let tem carry the things to the car, never a problem.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I had the opportunity to return a faulty Flash drive to a local Computer Store here who tried to refuse me until I showed them my text to them on the same day upon arriving home to find it was not working, and duly informed them I would return it the next time I came to the City. A bit of a stand off ensued, but because I did tell them on the same day and had just bought a Computer system from them the week before, they begrudgingly replaced it for me, after I insisted they double check the replacement to make sure it worked.

Regards missing items; a bit hard to prove you did not receive them, hence why I asked the guy to double check I had all my items the last time. Lesson learnt, I will check myself next time instead of being lazy... :rolleyes:

A tip to buyers with a long warranty, write everything in black ink in the reverse side of the receipt, including the Cashier's name, till number etc, everything, as within a month most receipts lose all the ink and you will end up with a blank piece of paper. I have been caught on that one too in the past. :wink:

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    I am not building anything but visited this store very recently (it is new anyway). It is located past the airport heading towards Sibulan, on the right hand side of the National Highway. I have previous DIY experience so was able to see it has a good stock of most things needed for DIY and all products are well labelled with prices. I do not know enough about other building suppliers locally to be able to compare prices but this store seems a step up from other local ones I wandered into for a general look around.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Mom Miriam

Mom Miriam DI Member

Pandemic-Surviving Oma
    Ratings:
    +209 / 8
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Actually, business establishments who have BIR-authorized POS computers and accounting systems are still required by the BIR to keep at least one (1) BIR-authorized manual Official Receipt (O.R.) booklet within the business premises for use in case of power outage, systems crash or in case a buyer would prefer the manual version for some valid reason -- for example, to support a Non-Commercial Pro Forma Invoice in order to evidence declaration to Schengen Customs authorities that the personal use or gift items mailed by sea or by air from Philippines is =/< Euro45 and therefore not subject to import duties.

Preference for the manual O.R. should be indicated to the sales lady or cashier before payment because young Dumaguete sales girls are not oriented about BIR matters and would have to call a supervisor. No if the supervisor signifies that a manual O.R. can be made available (store management can run out of supply and then neglect timely printing), the cashier will still issue the machine O.R. upon payment and then direct the buyer to proceed to Customer Service where a CS staff will retrieve and exchange the machine O.R. it for a hand-written one that does not fade away. In this case, it would still be prudent to write at manual O.R.'s back the Cashier's name, till number etc., etc. for future reference, just in case...

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  5. Mom Miriam

Mom Miriam DI Member

Pandemic-Surviving Oma
    Ratings:
    +209 / 8
    Blood Type:
    O+
    That is also one diligent tip that I shall do, thank you!
    If I may share, buyers are allowed to return and exchange, but not ask for refund in cash, as long as the official receipt is intact and the returned item is in good condition, preferably with opened original packaging and tags - within seven (7) days from purchase date. In Dumaguete, there are stores who voluntarily refund in cash if an item is returned on same day it was bought and if no appropriate replacement is on stock.