Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Law and Order

1. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Seen it so many times here. One lane blocked due to too much traffic, so the impatient twats take up the oncoming lane and turn it into a two lane road block so that the other lane cannot flow as it should. Serves the idiots right if they lose their Car/ Bike or whatever. Same goes for those short cutting through One Way roads to get to the other side quicker. Rules are Rules and if you are too stupid to wait your turn then great; suffer the consequences! Now they just need to enforce these Laws and actually start penalising those who break those Laws. I don't eat Popcorn but I would happily grab a Bucket and sit by the side of the road to watch this happen... :smile:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    I think it started last thursday,it says only on the highways though. I think they mentioned parking,vendors amongst other stuff.
    Like most things i doubt it will last long.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Overtaking is rarely safe or allowed on city streets. (By overtaking I mean crossing the line into a lane that is meant for traffic going the opposite direction.)

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Jens K

Jens K DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +764 / 47
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Yeah. In Indonesia they have scooter drivers picking up random passengers everywhere, just like tricycles here but much less intrusive to surrounding traffic.

Proper public transport with real bus stops, schedules and preferably clean buses that are somewhat suited to inner-city traffic (i.e. not huge like the Ceres ones) etc would also be a great thing. Ideally even free for everybody to use, paid by a toll for private vehicles that drive in the city. But that's a very European idea I admit.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Its counterflowing against the traffic in the wrong lane.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. 1anthony

1anthony DI Junior Member Blood Donor Veteran Army

Retired
    Ratings:
    +37 / 6
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I guess they are tying to stop those idiots who want to drive using the other lane when traffic is banked up, mainly bikes.

• Agree Agree x 2