Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Rude foreigners in Dumaguete

1. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Yup i do i just send the mrs as they are used to just fall in line stuff,its bred into them.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I can count on one hand the number of times an employee has been rude to me at a business in the Philippines. I don't buy it. Working at the pace that work gets done at in the Philippines is not being rude.

The sense of entitlement and self importance in the US is #SAD.

The DMV employees deal with all sorts of idiotic problems that a lot of the customer got themselves into by driving like retards. Then they come in there without knowing what they need to fix the problem (which could be figured out by a simple Google search) or having any of the forms or requirements already completed (because they are retards). Then they get pissed at the employees because they didn't do there own due diligence and because they feel the government should fix all their problems for them.

The last time I was in the DMV (for my TSA pre check appointment) I sat in the front row and got to hear about 10 counters worth of problems. I'm amazed most of those people were able to live as long as they had. So don't be mad at the DMV, be mad at the idiots bringing their idiotic problems to the counter.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Senior Construction Manager
    Ratings:
    +1,744 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I agree that how some things are done here are quite frustrating for a western thinking person; I figured out pretty early on that other than visa extensions there are not many reasons for me to deal with the places that make no sense (LTO and that place in Bais we have to deal with when we harvest sugarcane for example). I let the wife handle basically everything, perhaps it doesn't sound fair but she has grown up here and I have enough excuses with things around the house to take care when I'm home that I get to avoid most of the headaches.

Shawn

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Plainspoken

Plainspoken DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +325 / 280
    Because it costs money to have another employee and it costs the company nothing for you to wait. You can be sure that it is not done out of ignorance of efficiency. It is done for maximum ROI, which is the basis for your waiting and inconvenience in all cases for services and products here. If you don't want to wait, use an alternative service. But wait, I don't know of one, not one as easy to use anyway. All the things like better service means more profit, (it doesn't when there is no competition), and it's the right thing to do; all those might as well be put in a bottle and thrown in the ocean. It is all about the money. Of course that applies to many companies in America too.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  5. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    So we’re sitting in the LBC store in Robinsons Mall waiting to get served. We filled out a little form and got a number. Yes, in the Philippines there are still places that you “take a number.” Turns out our number was to be the last one called before the employees took their lunch hour. LBC must be rare because a lunch hour is almost never an hour in the Philippines.

Several people walked in afterwards and were politely informed that there would be no more service until after lunch. Then an elderly (defined as older than me) foreigner walked in, was politely informed of the upcoming lunch break. He got pissed off, yelled, threw out an F-bomb and stormed off. There was no reason for the tantrum. He was treated politely and told he could come back after the break.

This is behavior that Janet and I witness pretty regularly in Dumaguete and most of the time the offender is a foreigner.
    http://www.marriedafilipina.com/2018/02/rude-foreigners/

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1