Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Ladyboys

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I know this is not what you meant by your comment but they are quite "forceful" in Why Not. Attempting to snag drunk foreigners is a recipe for disaster. Eventually they are going to catch one that is too drunk to know that they are going home with a biological man.

Death of Jennifer Laude - Wikipedia

By no means did she deserve to die but transsexuals/homosexuals need to understand the dangers of not being forthcoming about their sexuality with their customers/love interests. Deceit and, especially, relying on alcohol to get someone into a sexual encounter with you is considered rape in many countries.

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    It is a bit of a mystery how such a large percentage of the male half of the population here would choose the homosexual lifestyle, tranny, bakla, gay, whatever. Adding to the mystery is that, given the “high incidence of feminine beauty” in the Islands as first noted by Magellan in his journals as we have been told, why would a guy choose to be gay here? [emoji16]But I am impressed by the tolerance shown to the gay lifestyle whether it be bakla or “tomboy”, which incidentally is a very understandable choice for a woman for the opposite reason :-) But most impressive is that, whatever stripe of sexual deviation, none of them are trying to force a homosexual agenda onto the straight population as they do in the rest of the world. Also, despite the long tradition of tolerance, I believe it is highly unlikely that homosexual marriage would ever be accepted by society here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Well, it is "normal" for a small percentage of humans (and some other mammals) to be homosexual. Of course it is likely much more nuanced than just "being born gay" or "becoming gay due to the environment".

I don't believe there is anything wrong with teaching children that some people live different lifestyles. Children should not be kept ignorant about the world they live in. I also don't believe the percentage of humans that are homosexual in some form has changed much throughout the course of human existence (you see examples of homosexuality in all of recorded history, and I suspect it was there long before we ever figured out how to write). However, there has been a change for those that are willing to openly identify as homosexual. As society makes it less of a taboo more will be willing to openly admit to the preferred sexuality. This is a positive thing IMO as it relieves a lot of mental anguish (and the dangers that can bring on) that having to hide such a large part of ones identity tends to do. Keeping it taboo and/or prohibited just creates needless suffering IMO.

There are, of course, some people that take the "SJW" nonsense to an extreme (all the different pronouns comes to mind) but these people are not in the majority....which is why they are considered an "extreme" view. Sometimes a minority can seem like a majority when they scream the loudest. Canada and the UK have recently been listening to this minority of extremists voices and have passed laws that force people to speak in a certain way or face jail time.

Examples: Canada has possibly made it illegal to not call someone by their preferred pronoun. It is yet to be seen how the courts will interpret the law. The UK recently sent a man to jail for making an offensive joke about Jews - he taught his dog (a Pug) to get excited about the phrase "gas the Jews" and to give a Nazi salute when he said "Sieg Hiel" (after specifically saying at the start of the video that he was turning his dog into the least cute thing he could think of - a Nazi - to p*ss off his gf as a joke). This guy basically sums up my feelings on that verdict. :hilarious:

That is completely unacceptable and dangerous IMO. The government shouldn't be telling us how we must speak or what jokes we can tell (there are some exceptions: yelling fire in a crowded theater, calling in bomb threats, etc). I don't think that the US is close to following suit with these laws though; our courts have a long track record of protecting free speech, though there are several cases where this is not true. Example: free speech zones (which is absolutely ridiculous IMO).

Please don't. There is no need to use derogatory terms for any group of people. If 1-3% of humans are homosexual then we statistically have around 50-150 members on this forum that fall into that category. We can debate the topic without the ad hominem stuff.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I had noticed an exponential growth of ladyboys on the boulevard. Many/most are prostitutes. What explains the growth? The free market. If there is a demand, there will be a supply.
    They have completely taken over why not. You can't have a seat near the front door any longer without one trying to grab your junk and sexually molest you. They are predators that take advantage of drunk foreigners there. If you even so much as accidentally stumble 5 of them will be all over you. It was nice when you could sit down, have a few drinks and play some billiard....but now you can't even enjoy a might out without worrying about getting sexually molested or having your drink spiked.

I have absolutely nothing against homosexuals or prostitutes but the extreme predatory behavior is what made me start to avoid the place.

• Informative Informative x 3
  5. NYC

NYC DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Thank you, Wrye83. You are quite right about that.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Cerne

Cerne DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +538 / 199
    Think there might be a cultural element here too...Asian cultures have a tradition of a “3rd Gender”. The Hijras of India and Pakistan come to mind.

Gender Identity Disorder is done away with in DSM-V in favour of Gender Dysphoria...a Disorder being the more illness and hence discriminatory label. Dysphoria meaning a marked incongruence between a persons expressed gender and their assigned gender - which is basically socially constructed. Not my job to pathologise in short, I’ll leave that to those with political/religious agendas.

To lighter matters...I haven’t noticed the bayots on the Boulevard. But I’m rarely there after dark anyway. My own personal conclusion is that some ‘pass’ skilfully - whereas others do obvious and sometimes comedic-tragic attempts. Those with Filipina partners here might quiz them about some of the cultural beliefs about bayots here. If we get this thread moved to the controversial section I’d be happy to write about those (Philippine) beliefs. Not for the ‘family’ section of the forum. :smile:

• Like Like x 2
  7. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    I've had a lot of experience with gays and trans in the US do to where I lived and some of my social circles that also attracted such thing along with being a supporter of Gay Pride in Minneapolis for years.

In my experience first off one must understand gay and lesbian is one thing and fairly simple to understand. However Trans (Ladyboys) are completely different not even really related but the media connected them to gays and lesbians because it was seen as a sexual / mental disorder. Gays and lesbians its just about what your attracted to, plain and simple.

Trans / ladyboys however when you start digging into it you come up with a wide array of mental issues. Various reasons such as:
    1. Females get more attention as children often commented how pretty, cute, sweet, and so forth.
    2. Females getting good grades here in the Philippines gets more positive treatment then a boy doing the same.
    3. Females are looked at by strangers a lot more and get more attention and even treated to things more.
    4. Females get better paying jobs here in the Philippines and just more jobs.
    5. Females get an easier time finding housing.
    6. Acceptance of trans/ladyboys is huge where almost every Filipino has or has had a ladyboy friend. They as well are considered cleaner, more educated, and better taken care of then your average Filipino guy.
    7. Filipina's can be strong willed, demanding, and harsh while Filipino men are very docile and controlled by their women. This means a man who wants to feel stronger can't as a man but what if he was a woman?

When you start looking at young children especially in households with multiple kids of both sexes you can start to see things a bit better. Boys who want to wear a dress and makeup because when their sister does she gets so much attention while he gets a passing *so cute* comment as they move onto is his sister. The girls however may want more freedom and less pressure and boys are often let out to run about and *be boys* while girls are more controlled because she's *just a girl*. This starts the thinking the grass is greener on the other side and *maybe I should have been born a boy or girl instead* thinking. With time that thinking grows and they try it and love the attention. From there they are confused deep down so to make it make sense they come to conclusions they are really not what they are. (standard western country)

This line of thinking has decades of research on it and this is what has been agreed upon many times until trans became such a huge issue in 2010 timeframe and it became hurting their feelings saying they are just mentally ill. The supporters majorly latch onto gays and lesbians acting as if they are pretty much the same but in the LGBT crowd the LGB has wanted nothing to do with the T crowd and I can say that is 100% true being a former supporter and being close friends with the organizers of the Minneapolis Gay Pride march and having many gay friends. I'm sure all of you have seen these issues as well especially with young kids going through the stages of wanting to dress like a boy or a girl while most realize they are what they are and it doesn't matter some don't.

• Like Like x 1
  8. NYC

NYC DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Maybe, but I sincerely doubt it. This is not "Some Like It Hot," or "Bosom Buddies" here. These ladyboys are NOT acting a part, but being themselves. Transgender people have the psychological makeup of the gender opposite what their bodies assign to them. Really, it's no act. They are not doing it for financial benefit (get an apartment, a job, etc), although some no doubt are into prostitution to support themselves, as are some men who are masculine...both straight and gay.

• Agree Agree x 2