Dumaguete Info Search

Tourist Visa Best Posts in Thread: late fee for Visa extension

1. Princeton

Princeton DI Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 13
    i went yesterday and got my extension..place was empty..in and out in minutes :smile:

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    Late fee has been 1k for as long as I can remember and have been here which is around 9 years.

Express fee was 500p but they got rid of it. Then 6 months later (or less) the express fee came back but is 1k. At first you either paid the express fee and they started processing it right then and you could pick up days later or you didn't pay it and they gave you an appointment to come back and file your paperwork (you still picked passport up again days later after that.

However now since the last extension I did which was last week I could do express lane fee and have my extension done immediately same day or I could drop it off with the cash and pick up days later... no come back appointment needed instead just pick it up in 3-4 business days completed.

It seems like the first change bringing the express lane fee back had a lot of negative feedback very quickly to revert things again because people hate to be inconveinenced with an appointment to come back days later just to drop the paperwork off again that was already ready to be dropped off. A bigger hit against those filing their extension on the last couple of days who's appointment would have been passed the date making them late and those who actually have to drive a fair ways to do an extension.

3. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I am aware some of you already know this but if you are late in filing your visa extension as I was this month there is an added fee other than the 1000 peso late charge ... you also have to pay the 1000 peso "express lane" fee too.

Just a heads up for what its worth ...