Dumaguete Info Search

Electronics & Appliances Best Posts in Thread: need led monitor repair

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    If it is in the original packaging or it looks like it is new they can make you pay duty (or a bribe) to bring it in. They tried getting me with some golf clubs I brought in (still had price tags on them). They were asking me if I was planning on selling them. Luckily the two Customs agents had absolutely no idea about anything golf related as all the clubs I brought in were drivers....and were, obviously, going to be sold at a significant markup.

And who gets to "interpret" if it is a "personal effect"? Customs agents. That agency has historically been one of the most corrupt agencies in the Philippines. They can make your life very hard until you grease the wheels.

Yeah. That's the best bet. But how much is a long is the wait, trouble and/or calling in a favor worth to someone? And how many people would be willing to hand carry a 27" monitor through a bunch of airports? You would have to pay me for that amount of extra work (and I would pay anyone for their trouble for doing it for me). Ends up being cheaper and/or less trouble to just order it from Lazada or Alibaba.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1