Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Old Age

1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Wives normally outlive their husbands because they don’t have a wife...

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Genius Genius x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    lol I would disagree. Being old does not mean you are smart or wise. Idiots can easily live to a very ripe old age.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I think genetics and "luck" has more to do with making it to old age than anything.

I'm not saying that being exceptionally stupid won't dramatically decrease your life expectancy (being in the military and not knowing you are surrounded by minefields means you paid absolutely no attention during training). Most videos I've seen of people over the age of 100 are trolling people with their "secrets to living old". I've seen people say cigarettes, wine, x3 Dr. Peppers a day, x12 cigars a day, etc. Survivorship bias. There are plenty of very intelligent, wise and knowledgeable people who died at a relatively young age.

• Like Like x 2