Dumaguete Info Search

360 Virtual Tours coming to DI

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & User Feedback' started by Rye83, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I plan on offering this service in the upcoming months to businesses in the Philippines. These are a few simple examples that I threw together. It is the first couple I have ever put together and I did no fine tuning of the stitching the pictures in the panorama together (and I wasn't using a tripod) and I just picked some random controls/colors. They will get progressively better as I become more familiar with the software.

When you click on one of the links a pop-up with show with the tour. (This is where I work/eat/sleep/live for now.)

[PANO=testhtml5]Testing HTML5 Tour[/PANO]
    [PANO=testhtml52]Testing HTML5 Expanded Tour[/PANO]
    [PANO=testhtml53]Testing HTML5 Expanded Tour with Logo and Extras[/PANO]

• Like Like x 4
  2. Firefly44

Firefly44 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +71 / 4
    Cool. Great Detail. Is it a special camera you use to create that panorama ? Or Secret ? :wink:

3. tomtorific

tomtorific DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    Nice start Wrye but let me ask you. You give tent helper the year off? Could use a swiffer sweeper. di ba? [​IMG]

4. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+

NikonD 5100. I have several different lenses/filters to use for different types of settings. That panorama is about 30 or so separate pictures that have been stitched together with one program and then the virtual tour/controls are put together by another program (that ain't cheap, if I might add). This will be a great option for people wanting to advertise their rental/for sale properties and beach resorts (I plan on doing several panoramas around town for the tourist areas).

The software also allows me to stitch video into the panoramas so that business owners can be seen moving around and speaking within the still pictures to showcase their business. (I have yet to try this feature as it is pretty advanced and I've only just downloaded the software....and it's pretty CPU intensive for the software to render the panoramas with this feature.)

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It's actually not my tent. It belongs to the vehicle mechanics. I'm just a squatter (don't leave any room on your property open or I might just come plop down some containers and call it mine). And we had just had a sand storm yesterday.....and the week before that.....and the week before that. So yeah, no real point in sweeping everyday. (I hold the same belief about making my bed....why clean it up when you are just going to screw it up again the next day?)

• Like Like x 2
  6. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Playing around a bit more with the Virtual Tours. I have added another room (be warned that small rooms are VERY hard to get a good panorama of). You can click on the door handle of one of the shelters. Also, If you click on the windshield of the Hilux and Land Cruiser a picture will pop up. I have added another pop-up picture......I'm sure you will find it.

[PANO=testhtml52]Testing HTML5 Expanded Tour[/PANO]

• Like Like x 2
  7. tomtorific

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    Clicking on the bikini clad babes did nothing....no rest for the wicked.

8. tomtorific

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    I stand corrected and at attention.

9. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    TMI..............

• Like Like x 1
  10. tomtorific

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    Trust me my learned friend, if the pin up is not of aking Asawa.....I have no interest.... totoo naman talaGa