Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Check first it is NOT a drug den

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Pot can be quite harmful to others. Driving or working while high is a horrible idea and can lead to disasters. People can also become addicted to weed and self destruct. It is not as harmless as the pot lobbyists would have everyone believe.

Important to note that "surveys" are not "studies". How people "feel" or self report about something is usually not reliable or based on fact.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    "Alcoholics" (aka drug addicts) rob and/or kill people all the time due to and/or to support their addiction. Addiction is addiction, it doesn't matter what your poison is. Just because alcohol gets its own words does not make it any less of an addictive drug. If you use alcohol (ethanol) you are a drug user, you may not be a drug abuser...but that's how it works with most drugs. Most people that use drugs, illicit or otherwise, are not addicts. And most people who use illicit drugs do not rob or kill for their next high.

Personally, I find alcohol worse than many other illicit drugs. Mainly because I think personal harm is a lessor evil than harming others...and alcohol ranks very high (the highest I believe) in the "harm to others" category.

Harm-Caused-By-Drugs-Table.png
    https://www.news24.com/MyNews24/Alcohol-Most-Dangerous-Drug-After-Tobacco-Research-Finds-20150119

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Translation: If they pay, it will all go away.

• Agree Agree x 2