Dumaguete Info Search

Trades & Labor Best Posts in Thread: Cabinet maker recommendation

1. Qwertz

Qwertz DI Junior Member

Retired lighthouse keeper
    Ratings:
    +41 / 3
    We bought a very heavy-duty, well made, bed frame from a little shop in San Miguel (left hand side of the road past Bacong). It is located just after a bunch of white highway post that look like part of a bridge). From the outside it does not look like much, but they have showroom, and good workmen. Willing to do custom designs as well.

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    what kind of cabinets; furniture or utility?
    solid wood or plywood?

i've built a few, mostly custom kitchen and entertainment centers and can advise if you're interested.

these guys can build anything.
    ''espinosa furniture shop'' (next to avon)
    https://goo.gl/maps/xjzPY9LYiCU2

and here's a woodshop on the valencia/duma rd
    https://goo.gl/maps/PbGirVQTr5v

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. jim787

jim787 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 38
    Also in Sibulan, turn right (coming from Dgte) and go past the front entrance of the church towards Cangmating. About one-half km on the right, working on the bank of a stream, you will see (and perhaps hear) the fellow and his work in progress. He recently made a nice bookcase for me. You may need an interpreter.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    :hmmm: I would have recommended my man BUT after his last job I will not. The problem here is that good men get overloaded with work and start to cut corners then employ others that just do not cut anywhere near the Original man, For me, choose a man that just wants to do his trade at his own speed and give satisfaction, they are about. Like many things it is best a Boots on the ground thing, Talk to your neighbours, usually someone will know a good guy that is not Greedy. Talk to the Timber guys at stores etc, they have a list of names to call on once you tell them what you require making :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1