Best Posts in Thread: PLDT

1. OzeMike

OzeMike DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +621 / 46
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Well I'm very impressed by PLDT Fibre ....reported loss of signal Friday and their contractor came today Sunday and fixed the problem (which was in a section of the fibre cable from the box into the house)

Good service.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    I had this experience very soon after arriving in the Philippines (at a time Mr D*de when I did not know where I was!) - I bought a shoulder bag and the zip broke the next day. I returned to the store and a member of staff told me it was okay when I bought it - I asked to speak to the Manager and got the Japanese owner, who replied to my argument that "In my country businesses understand that you gain more customers (and/or lose less) by taking a small loss sometimes" by telling me "This is the Philippines" (that Mr D was one of my first clues as to where I was). However, with persistence, she eventually (about 10 minutes) replaced the bag. I think she also did well as I know they will sell a bag with broken zip for only slightly less than the full retail price (I've seen chipped crockery at about 5% off), that she probably sold it for more than she paid for it and I bought a better quality (paid more attention to the zips) and so more expensive product. Furthermore, I remained a customer of that store.

But at all times I remained calm and polite and I think some do themselves a disservice by being aggressive and going for a long rant - save that for this forum! :smile:

If I could not have changed her mind/attitude with gentle persuasion then I would simply have left and voted with my wallet.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Dutchjob

Dutchjob DI Member

Fulltime Gago, part time manager
    Ratings:
    +227 / 39
    Just cal 171 from a smart sim card, dont use the 'landline'. This is free number with smart and like this you can restart the modem without being disconnected. But your problem sounds like a broken glass fibr. They should send a technician in few days not like the weeks you have no service. It's a frustrating calling, always write down the case number and keep calling if they don't come.

For warrenty, just be polite, strong and persistent. Most stores try not to give a foreigner warranty hoping you will f off and maybe leave to your country.

My experience is if being polite but persistent you will get warranty, money back or replacements.... only it can take months instead of what we are used to.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    Like Davy said 171 is the hotline. I haven't had any issues myself. You may have some partial break in your line and need them to come out and test. My PLDT the last couple of days has been running a bit slow but nothing like your talking about or the timeframe. What does suck which they didn't tell me until to late that their phone is VOIP meaning its not a real phone line. If power is down so is their line as well as if the internet goes down the phone is down as well usually.

As far as the laptop goes your likely screwed. By law which I forget as I pretty well gave up on it as it doesn't seem to apply you have 30 days to get a replacement for an item that is defective. No store ever gives a replacement even if you bought it hours before (had this happen with me with a motorcycle from GUD actually, they delivered it and it broke down during delivery but refused to replace and DTI couldn't be bothered as they said they would *fix* it). They love saying you have a 7 day warranty for things also even though the law states 30 and they try and get you to sign a paper they claim is a contract which ends up really being so they can bill you their legal costs should you try and force a replacement.

The whole warranty issue is why I'm very selective on where I buy tech items. Certain stores especially those that get to know you are much more inclined to work with you or make exceptions to the standard to keep a loyal customer, or simply have better service on getting repairs done quick and cheap. For me my computer place is Algorithm always and my phone place is Cell Works in the mall, prices might be a little more now and then but having been taken care of well in the past means more to me then saving a few peso's going by the *we don't give a flying f*ck after we have you cash* store.

• Informative Informative x 3
  5. hawk263

hawk263 DI Forum Adept Blood Donor Veteran Army

Retired
    Ratings:
    +488 / 81
    Blood Type:
    A+
    We had this problem in August - took 7 days and 2 visits to the office in Robinson. Red light, 3rd from the left on the modem is a line problem. Ours was caused by bees building a nest in the box. They did reduce the bill pro rata for the next month.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1