Dumaguete Info Search

3D printed house

Discussion in 'Hobbies and special interests' started by DAVE1952, Apr 28, 2021.

1. OP
    OP
    DAVE1952

DAVE1952 DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,095 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    In the UK some 40plus yrs ago there was a second cheaper option to double glazing, that was secondary glazing, it is a little awkward having two windows to open, but at the time double glazing was just so expensive, eventually it did fizzle out with all the competition between the Glazing companies it is now more reasonably priced to convert an existing house with single panes, there was also many DIY methods, like twin wall clear plastic sheets which people would put up for the winter and take off in that one month of the year we call Summer.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Incredible information! I do not want to question you my friend - but are you sure???

Summer for a WHOLE month? :smile:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  3. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    Just a thought, but in Dumaguete I have only experienced a temperature above 35 (95 F) a couple times in 5 years and almost never outside April or May, with Valencia a few degrees cooler. Also I would never design a house without a large roof overhang so direct sun only hits before say 9 or after 4. So has anyone done a cost analysis on the need for double pane windows ??

4. SpringYellow

SpringYellow DI Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 23
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Hmm... Is it real?

5. OP
    OP
    DAVE1952

DAVE1952 DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,095 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    I think quite viable on a new build not sure if cost effective as a replacement meaning money saved on AC, likely not unless you use that a lot? if nothing else they would give the benefit of noise reduction so that in itself is worth a Bob or Two

• Like Like x 1
  6. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Certainly a good replacement for jalousie windows - the [Edit .... added 'price'] difference between new single pane and new double pane is not that great and, as you say, the noise reduction makes it worthwhile. Never have liked jalousie.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: May 6, 2021