Dumaguete Info Search

Review Best Posts in Thread: Mindanao Islamic Telephone Co. Inc. (Mislatel) is the country’s “new major player”

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    More like blocking websites that are offensive to Islam and sending out unsolicited quran quotes through text and automated calls to praise Mohammad/Allah. (Things that all happen with existing Muslim telecoms throughout the world.)

Simply put, with the way Islam is practiced today it is simply not compatible with a free and open society. I will not be a customer or support their practices in any way.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. furriner

furriner DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +348 / 70
    As of Nov 8, Mindanao Islamic Telephone Company is the new 3rd player in telecom. A few SC challenges going on that will go nowhere. With 40% ownership by China Telecom, I am very hopeful that our internet service is on the way up! This also might put competitive pressure on Globe, hopefully, so they can improve their attitude towards their Customers and provide something that has been lacking; customer service. I don’t know about pldt. Maybe China telecom will invest in infrastructure such as a fiber backbone to replace the much slower satellite backbone that slows even the fiber services down. I don’t know why religion is invoked in the name, maybe an interesting story, but the China Telecom involvement is great news. They know how to do telecom and will be interested in actually making money through investment rather than simply providing dividends to long time stockholders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I imagine they will gain a monopoly with the Muslim minority in Mindanao with that name. They will likely struggle outside of that demographic. They would probably be well served to have a subsidiary with a different name to serve customers outside of that area (similar to what Globe and Smart do with TM and TnT).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1