Dumaguete Info Search

Review Best Posts in Thread: Foreigner Hits Pedicab

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It is a very real possibility in the Philippines. You can never really know what these suicidal maniacs driving/walking around the country will do. I certainly didn't see the 10 year old girl running at a full sprint across the busy national highway (coming out from the front of a parked jeepney on my side of the road) until it was too late. She somehow walked away from the ordeal with a small scratch on the head and minus two flip-flops. Perhaps she took something away from the entire ordeal and started looking before crossing the street? Maybe she got smacked by a Ceres bus the next week. Don't really care either way as there are still another 100 million or so terrible drivers/pedestrians left on or near the roads that I'm still trying to avoid.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,854 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I have ridden on these trikes, they are made specially for carrying 11 passengers and need a more powerful bike. Not saying the're safe for from it.
    They have a terminal in Dumaguete and the trike operator will wait till it's full then drive to Bacong.

• Informative Informative x 4
  3. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    I'd be curious for a detailed account of how the accident took place. So many passengers on the trike on the national highway which was surely making the trike quite slow. Just from what I know of trikes I'd assume the SUV tried to overtake on the available space (maybe left or right even due to how so many of these trikes think the middle of the road is suitable for driving) and the trike made a sudden slowdown, stop, or swerve as they often do looking at dropping off or picking up another. That would be my first guess.

Of course some foreigners drive crazy and some have Fil drivers who also drive crazy but ALL trikes drive stupid crazy.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. liannastar

liannastar DI Member

Ratings:
    +160 / 38
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Hate hearing stories about this. RIP.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    11 passengers in a trike (driving on a national highway?). Gross negligence by the trike operator.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    From my experience, when riding behind that kind of full loaded tricycle, the average speed they made is between 20-25 kph.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    Just because it has extensive seating doesn't mean they are made for it. Its hazardous the fact they can't do average highway speeds (40-50) and that its simply to unstable with that many with the kind of design they use.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Unfortunately, one lady has passed away from the accident. May she rest in peace.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  9. Outcast

Outcast DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +335 / 128
    Best Answer
    Spot Report on RIR to Multiple Physical Injuries and Damage to Property Involving British National

At around 3:30pm of January 14, 2019, a call was received by the Bacong MPS regarding a highway collision between a motor cab for hire (Tricycle) and a Ford Escape SUV along barangay sacsac Bacong Negros Oriental.

Initial investigation revealed that according to a a witness, both vehicles were traveling south going Bacong area when the SUV tried to overtake but unfortunately hit the fully loaded tricycle and rolled to the side causing injuries to the passengers.

The tricycle driver and the passengers were immediately brought to the hospital by the Municipal ambulance and the PNP patrol car. One victim identified as Rizza Calidguid Vendiola suffered head injury and is is still unconscious.

Meanwhile, the SUV driver identified as one NEIL CAMPBELL M. KINDNESS, 55 years old, British national, and presently residing, Dauin, Neg. Or and his passengers were brought to Bacong MPS for proper disposition and custody.

Source: NORPPO PNP

https://www.facebook.com/headzupdumaguete/

• Informative Informative x 2