Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Symptoms of Prostate Cancer

1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    I read the following on the internet after my PSA test today.
    Considerations
    The symptoms of prostate cancer include:
    Painful ejaculation
    Blood in semen or urine
    Hip, pelvis, low back, or thigh pain
    A weak urine flow
    Problems urinating
    Incontinence or increased urges to urinate
    Difficulty getting or maintaining an erection
    Burning during urination

• Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    I use Silliman Hospital for my PSA and PSA Free combo blood test. You actually do not need a doctor for the test. Following is the procedure:
    Go to the lab on the ground floor building on the left. Go to the window and tell them you want the PSA test. They will include the PSA Free test. They will give you a form to put your name on it and direct you to the cashier for payment of p3750 (I know but they got you by the balls). After payment return the receipt and form to the lab window. Have a seat and wait for your name to be called (wait time varies by size of crowd ahead of you). After taking your blood they will give you a receipt and you return 3 hours (normally) to get the form with the results. You can take the results to a urologist if you choose, I use Dr. Ozzoa, or look up on the internet to understand where your results fit in the range which shows pct of risk for cancer. I get another test 3 months later in case of false reading or concerns.
    There is a web site that suggests what not to do 48 hours prior to the test.
    As we age our prostate enlarges which might raise the PSA levels.
    I am not suggesting to go do this, up to you. Personally, I get nervous when I hear friends have had serious problems.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Brian_Goddard

Brian_Goddard DI Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 6
    Hi Folks
    An interesting discussion for me.
    I will be getting mine checked in Australia hopefully soon after i arrive back 31/1/19
    I have a some of the 9 considerations also Restricted Bowel movement a possible sign of an enlarged prostrate.
    It has not been fun to say the least but on the pension treatment here in Thailand is not Viable Other issue as well mainly arterial flow Still not going to bore you with them
    Thanks for sharing
    Brian

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Just as a matter of Interest Pat, my last PSA showed me at .87 The range being 0. to 4. so My Doc said although the prostate is moderately enlarged ( obtained via an Ultrasound the Month before) there was no need to worry at this time. So far so good :wink:

• Like Like x 2
  5. mokum

mokum DI Senior Member

retired
    Ratings:
    +574 / 136
    Thanks Pat, out of the 9 considerations I experience only one of them on my age of 81 You may guess with one.

• Like Like x 2