Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Drive POV to Cebu city or take the Ceres, Ferry or Fast Craft?

1. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I prefer to take the ferry to Cebu, traffic in Cebu city and parking can give me stress, I have done it both by car and bike. On the ferry you can walk around, important to me, you can lay down in a bunk bed, clean first with alcohol, bring a skinny bed sheet to cover the madras, you can even rent it for a few pesos. that is if you take the ferry from Dumaguete in the nighttime, around 10-11 pm arrive Cebu around 5 am. Ferry daytime from Dumaguete to Cebu via Tagbilaran take 4 hours before. Today you have a layover in Tagbilaran 1-2 hours. There is 2 departure daily with Ocean Jet. Another thing, taxi in Cebu cost 100-150 pesos from one end of Cebu to the other, no stress driving or parking, but that just me, I like a relaxing lifestyle. I bring what I need for the ferry trip, music, food, you can buy snacks and drinks onboard

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    If you drive, catching the early boat across and beating some of the traffic is my preference, but you will join the crowd from Car Car to Cebu.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I know this is obvious, but has your wife tried bonamine (Meclizine). It is an anti-histamine that induces drowsiness.

Also, I find it best to sit in the middle of the bus - as with boats, that part swings less.

Also useful can be ginger or peppermint.

During the trip I eat dry biscuits (important the stomach is not empty) and drink water.

Some people have mentioned they feel a bit nauseous due to smells on some buses - perhaps fuel/exhaust/people's food - and so wearing a face mask may help. Having said that, breathing fresh air (bus aircon or your own fan) may help more.

Hope the trip goes well.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I personally don't think Ceres is all that bad. It gets you there and I have never really been on a packed bus.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Philpots

Philpots DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Safe trip mate , watch our for those buses, they always try to overtake, no matter what. .

• Like Like x 2