Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Customs are holding up a package

1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Maybe a visit to the Local Customs at the pier ( opposite next to Coastguard station) Take what paperwork you have :cigar:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I know it sounds silly but have you tried contacting them through DM on their Twitter or Facebook account?
    https://twitter.com/CustomsPH
    https://www.facebook.com/BureauOfCustomsPH/
    You never know where they have hidden the people who are actually good at their jobs. They might have been thrown behind a computer screen because they made their coworkers look bad by doing a good job and are now just waiting for someone to give them something to do. Of course, be friendly and respectful when dealing with customer support.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. HAVOCGOOSE 22

HAVOCGOOSE 22 DI Junior Member Veteran Air Force

Goofball, LOL Retired AFSOC
    Ratings:
    +42 / 6
    Blood Type:
    O+
    What happened to me! They did the same thing to me, what they are looking for is the VALUE of the items inside! It does not matter if it marked as a gift or not! There is no tax exempt for anything unless you own a business or something like that. A POP is (proof of purchase) if the total in the box is over $100 you have to pay tax on the box!!! That is why I always get things under $100 and have them shipped! If you have a bunch of stuff being sent to you the best way to do it is a BALICBAYON? (Sorry bout spelling!!!) BOX, almost all the Asian markets in the states offer the service, and it depends where you are for the cost, you pay for the size of the box! They have it worked out on the other end to get the container through customs!! That is the best way for someone to send you a care package. Just my 2 cents!!

Calling them does nothing as your reply letter and documents gets put in a pile with about a thousand others and it just takes time for them to get through it!!! If you ever get anyone to answer the phone, good luck, they will just tell you it is being processed and that is it... GOOD LUCK

Goose out

• Like Like x 2
  4. pkrbrad

pkrbrad DI Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +12 / 1
    Thanks a lot for the information. I am now living in Bacolod and will try to find the local customs here today. I'll let you know if I have any success
    Brad

• Like Like x 2
  5. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    I posted a link which might have some useful information on the steps required to release an item from customs. This appears to be from a shipping company.

My guess is that you just have to do the best you can for declaring a value and then make sure the proper paperwork is filled out. As @RR_biker mentioned, you may have to pay a fee.

As @Jack Peterson mentioned, you might get more info by going to local customs. Maybe they can at least show you the paperwork and explain the process. Maybe you can even take care of the issue through them. Might be worth a try.

https://excelsior.ph/2017/10/16/how-to-release-imported-item-from-philippine-customs/

• Like Like x 2
  6. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    The letters you did receive were sent by the courier (USPS) or by customs? I had a similar problem with a consignment containing products for which an import license appeared to be required. Initially customs , according to DHL, was not cooperative to release it and held it in custody for more than one month. Finally, after paying some penalties, it was delivered. So the problem, as always, some money might do the trick.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1