Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: False vs Real Teeth

1. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I have had upper dentures for over 20 years. I used to have extreme pain in some front teeth. My dentist recommended the procedure and I had it done.

The extraction and placement of denture was done on the same day. The doctor said the dentures act like a bandage. Your gums are sore for about a week and eating is a problem at first, I stayed mostly on liquids.

Once the swelling went down I went back in for the fittings and adjustments. A few fixes and I was fine. You do lose some taste, since the taste buds on the roof of the mouth are now covered. After a while you don't notice it.

The initial dentures were a good fit for a little over 20 years. They got loose and it hurt to eat and chew harder food items. I went to Premier Dental and she immediately refitted the old ones and took a cast for a new set. Went back two or three times for final adjustments (never charged for those) and now all is good again.

No more pain and I think it was indeed a good thing to have done from just a quality of life aspect.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. HAVOCGOOSE 22

HAVOCGOOSE 22 DI Junior Member Veteran Air Force

Goofball, LOL Retired AFSOC
    Ratings:
    +42 / 6
    Blood Type:
    O+
    If you have a good dentist? I went with implants, they drill into the bone and put pins in and then attach the implants to the pins. You can get one tooth done or the whole top and bottom. Takes some time to get the adjustment done but for me is was a good deal. I have had them now for about a year. My dentist let me make payments on the procedure because it is a bit expensive. But I am happy with them.
    My jaw got broken when I was in the military so I ended up with a really bad TMJ problem, both sides of my jaw would lock up and I grind the he!! Out of my teeth at night. They also helped reset my TMJ and stopped the locking by moving my bite forward which took to pressure off.
    There are a lot of new ways to go! Tooth pain can be the worst pain in the world to deal with, even worse when you can’t eat!!!

Good luck and look around to find the right dentist to take care of you! Most will give you a package deal, so to say? And tell them you need to make payments and they will usually work with you, if they are a good place!

Goose out

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Thank you @Notmyrealname for the advice to rub the toothpaste directly on the teeth. I think I might take that a step farther and apply it to a mouthguard overnight.

Thank you @Happy Camper for your perspective based on experience. 20 years is plenty of time between fittings. Glad to hear it was a "good thing to have done from just a quality of life aspect."

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1