Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: 14 NPA rebels killed Negros Oriental and a policeman injured

1. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,367 / 1,258
    If you had bothered to read the links DavyL posted you would know that " his biased opinion" came directly from the article.
    I find it amusing that you as a junior member on this form feel it's your position to moderate one of the forms moderators.
    Carry on ♥️♥️

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    I think because if offence is taken at comments pertaining to political actions, which any country would consider its own business, they may seek some form of retribution against those who make the comments or the whole community (ex-pats in this case). It is a case of putting the head above the parapets, just to get it shot off for no reason. We can all moan about 'out of stock' sir and other relatively-minor service matters as those affect us directly and no one really cares - but get involved in police and/or political matters in a foreign country and you take a risk. As I said before, it will change nothing. Keep a low profile - keep safe.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    I personally knew two of these people who were murdered in cold blood. There was no arrest warrent and they had no weapons in the house,swat came through the door at 4am and shot the father and one son dead. The mother was given p3000 by authorities. I wont go into further details on here. Lets just say politics played a big part.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Hard to keep tooth for the tongue, the behavior that has been shown here says a great deal about how cynical and brutal these individuals are. All my condolences to the affected families

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    I know from what I read in your postings before that you are a very good person and would try to do your best for people.

IMHO: There are internal matters within the country which, if not affecting us personally, we can form an opinion on but should keep it to ourselves and not get involved. If we intervene, verbally or by other actions, we do not change the situation one iota but may put ourselves and others in danger. There may come a point at which foreigners need to re-evaluate their presence here and make choices - but for the meantime I think silence is golden.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. mokum

mokum DI Senior Member

retired
    Ratings:
    +574 / 136
    Negros - At the same time Oplan Sauron said police action on Saturday in Negros Oriental, 14 members of the Special Partisan Unit (SPARU) of the New People's Army (NPA) rebels were killed. - klajoo.com - Oplan Sauron is conducting house search warrants for illegally possessing firearms and explosives. Chief Police Colonel Raul Tacaca said there were eight people in Canlaon City, four in Manjuyod and two in Sta. Catalina killed. Tacaca says the people killed in the raids reportedly resisted arrest by the police during the crackdown. The names of the victims were not disclosed, the injured police identified Tacaca as the Police Corporal Ian Puerto, according to the Regional Mobile Force Battalion - Central Visayas (RMFB-7) NORPPO, the SPARU members are being harassed by Police Chief Master Sergeant Humprey Teves in Manjuyod, the liquidation attempt against Police Staff Master Sergeant Marjun Cadiz at his home in Manjuyod, the foiled murder attempt on Police Corporal Felecio Tarugo of the Canlaon City Police and the murder of Master Sergeant Celso Pedochino of the Philippine Army. They are also linked to the ambush of several police officers in Guihulngan City, which resulted in injuries and some deaths, the harassment of the RMFB-7 personnel, one of which was violated, atrocities against the armed forces of the Philippines and innocent civilians suffering from these hardcore Criminals were committed, says the NORPPO. In the missions was arrested 15 people who are considered supporters of the NPA rebels. Tacaca says that by 5:30 pm, almost 60 Oplan Sauron have been executed, adding, "It is unfortunate that people were killed during the missions, but as they resisted arrest, we also played our part in defending ourselves . "

• Informative Informative x 4
  7. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,367 / 1,258
    The accounts claim the police were fired upon.
    None of the reports mention recovered guns or shell cases. That could be a problem.
    I will wait with baited breath. LoL

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Outcast

Outcast DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +335 / 128

They pleaded for their lives
    BY MARCHEL P. ESPINA

CANLAON CITY, Negros Oriental – The policemen involved in the bloody operations in this province that led to the death of 14 were wearing masks when they stormed into the houses of the victims during the wee hours of March 30, their kin said.

Those who died – eight in Canlaon City, four in Manjuyod town and two in Sta. Catalina town – allegedly fought back when the state forces served the arrest warrants for illegal possession of firearms and explosives against them.

However, the family of the victims described the operations as “brutal” as the policemen, who covered themselves with masks, executed the victims even after they already yielded.

Valentin Acabal, Candabong barangay captain in Manjuyod, with his wife and two children, were sleeping when the police broke down their door at about 4 a.m. on March 30

His wife, Angenate, recalled that they knelt down and prayed, but the policemen forced her and her daughter out of their room. She said her husband pleaded for his life, but was still shot to death inside the room.

Based on the medical examination of the Manjuyod Municipal Health Office, the victim sustained seven gunshot wounds in his body, including his genitals.

Argie Acabal, the victim’s son who is an overseas Filipino worked in Qatar, said no one from the Scene of the Crime Operatives processed the crime scene.

“The municipal police took my father. They wrapped him in a bed sheet and put him in the patrol car to bring him to the hospital. They already knew he was dead, but they still brought him to the hospital,” said Argie, who returned from Qatar on learning that his father had been killed.

He said the name in the search warrant was Eric Acabal, and not Valentin, although the nickname of his father was Eric. He added that the policemen did not announce that they had a search warrant.

Argie also said that the policemen took their money. “They took the P30,000 I sent to my family. They also took the P7,000 that was kept in a locked box. The P7,000 is from the Church where my mother was a treasurer,” he added.

He said the state forces found a .45 caliber that was supposedly owned by his father at the table outside his parents’ room. He denied it was owned by the victim.

Another family in Canlaon City suffered the same fate. Brothers Edgardo and Ismael Avelino didn’t see daylight after they were killed in their homes at Barangay Panubigan.

Carmela Avelino, Edgardo’s wife, said it was around 2 a.m. when she was awakened by the yell of her daughter. “I thought there was a snake that came inside our house. I was looking for the snake in our bed. Then I opened the curtain, I was shocked when I saw five guns pointing at us,” she said.

She said that she and her two children were ushered out of their house while her husband was left in the room. Then she heard three gunshots. “They look at people as animals. They had a shoot to kill order,” she lamented.

She said the policemen found a .45 caliber pistol and an M-16 rifle from their house. “The .45 caliber was placed in the pool of blood while the M-16 was found beside the closet. It was not ours or my husband’s. I told them I know they planted it,” the grieving wife said.

She said that the police claimed her husband fought back. She said she doesn’t believe it as her 16-year-old daughter heard her father plead to the police, saying that he will surrender but asked them to spare the life of his family.

The wife said her daughter was traumatized because of the incident. She also said the police didn’t process the crime scene and didn’t show to them a search warrant. “After a few hours, an ambulance came to bring my husband to the hospital,” she added.

She said that the police also took their two cellphones, a tablet, P2,000 cash. “I had P5,000, but they only returned P3,000,” she added.

Minutes after Edgardo was killed, gunshots were heard from a nearby house. His younger brother, Ismael, was also a subject of the police operation.

Leonora, Ismael’s wife, said policemen stormed into their house and yelled, “Dapa! Dapa! (Down on the floor!)”

She, along with her two minor children, were directed to get out of the house. She said she had no idea her husband the subject of the police operation as the state forces didn’t show any search warrant.

“Around 5 a.m., an ambulance came. I didn’t know they took my husband. We were then told to go to the hospital. When were already there, that’s when I realized they killed him already. In just one snap, my husband was gone,” she said.

She said the police claimed that her husband was holding a .45 caliber pistol and resisted arrest.

No one from SOCO processed the crime scene. She said she waited, but nobody came back, Leonora said. “We just cleaned it because of the stench from the blood,” she said.

She added they weren’t able to take pictures as their cellphone was taken, too.

Meanwhile, former representative Neri Colmenares (Bayan Muna party-list) visited the wake yesterday to condole with the victims’ families.

He said the Philippine National Police should release the names of those who conducted the operations.

Farmers’ and rights groups have already launched the National Fact-Finding and Solidarity Mission to investigate the case.*

http://visayandailystar.com/2019/April/06/topstory2.htm

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Did you actually open the abs cbn link and read it?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Careful now. :cautious:

• Agree Agree x 2