Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Negative ratings

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Disagree was never a negative rating.

No idea how to make that happen. Personally, I don't mind having the negative ratings. Many of mine were given by the turds who were banned due to negative ratings when they were confronted about their turd behavior. They come so rarely that it isn't even worth the time finding the post to remove them.

The ratio is all that really matters for users under 500 posts. Get too many of them and you'll get automatically banned. Since it takes some people a really long time, if ever, to get 500 posts having them removed may negate that setup. They really are only for moderation proposes. I can't possibly remember the post history of every single user and they work as a guide on what type of action should be taken.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    I don't think it's a problem. Not many people have a negative rating and those who do don't seem much bent out of shape about it. Creating some sort of thing to remove them is just another item to add to the todo list. It seems to be working fine, so why mess with it?

There seems to be two sorts of people who will get these ratings. There are people who make a lot of posts and get a negative due to much greater probability of making a bad post and then there are those who turn out to be bad apples right away.

The people who post a lot aren't bothered. The people who stack the negatives right from the beginning don't seem to last long. It's good to keep those around as a reminder in case that account wakes up.

It's probably a good reminder for those who own the accounts as well. I know I makes posts which are on the edge a lot. My little reds remind me to behave.

• Like Like x 2